TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reading all of these I decided not to bother with customer service. I too am getting the dreaded tivo service unavailable on my tivo edge I bought 2 weeks ago from Channel Master. I also noticed earlier today that it had disconnected itself to the internet. I reset that earlier today. Tonight I noticed the tivo service unavailable. I rebooted the wifi -> no help. I did a unplug, wait 5 min replug tivo box -> no help. Did a tivo settings, network settings, tivo service connection -> no difference. Select HELP, restart box -> that helped get rid of the message tivo service unavailable. The restart was only a couple minute wait. Then had to go to Manage, onepassmanager and move a selection up or down for it to update otherwise it shows no recordings coming up. A few 3 minutes later the title not available when I press "i" went away. Looks like tivo may need to do a software update on these boxes to fix this troublesome issue if it going to happen every week or two by what I read above. I hope this long write up I did helps someone fix it easier than what my predecessors and I went through.
I had the same error message, and the simple action of going to "Help" and then "Restart Box" worked for me. After reading through some of your horror stories, I was relieved to find a 2-minute fix. I also have a Tivo Edge purchased from Channel Master (roughly a year ago).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts