TiVo Community Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
I am also in the market for the 1TB image for the TCD748000.
This is a box I'm trying to revive and all other components look good.
It keeps getting stuck in the guided setup loop and I understand a reimage with BARS may do the trick!
Much love for any assistance - thank you!

· Registered
9 Posts
I am also in the market for the 1TB image for the TCD748000.
This is a box I'm trying to revive and all other components look good.
It keeps getting stuck in the guided setup loop and I understand a reimage with BARS may do the trick!
Much love for any assistance - thank you!
Note: I had to do a "factory reset" with my attempt to use the image this past month to get past an S02 error: S02 error after fresh drive and factory VHD restore

· Registered
841 Posts
So my mother's Tivo Premiere XL4 seems to be acting up just a bit and I'm getting concerned because it's the original hard disk. She lives well over an hour from me and I'm imagining it will quit if I don't take action soon. But I'm a bit too busy with work now to invest much time.

So, if I wait until it's really showing signs of drive problems, is it much more likely she will lose her recordings? Maybe I should just bite the bullet and try to do it this weekend or next. I used to do these upgrades often, but now it's been 5 years or so since my last attempt. My skills have rusted.

If I want to copy her drive with recordings to a 4 TB WD Red Plus drive, do I need MFS Tools 3.2? DVRBars or can I use WinMFS beta 9_3g from 2010? I've found some information here, but much of it is several years old. I usually try to read more of the posts here, but in the interest of time, can someone just suggest which tool I need and provide a current link, please?

Thanks, everyone!

· der Neuerer
3,457 Posts
So my mother's Tivo Premiere XL4 seems to be acting up just a bit and I'm getting concerned because it's the original hard disk. She lives well over an hour from me and I'm imagining it will quit if I don't take action soon. But I'm a bit too busy with work now to invest much time.

So, if I wait until it's really showing signs of drive problems, is it much more likely she will lose her recordings? Maybe I should just bite the bullet and try to do it this weekend or next. I used to do these upgrades often, but now it's been 5 years or so since my last attempt. My skills have rusted.

If I want to copy her drive with recordings to a 4 TB WD Red Plus drive, do I need MFS Tools 3.2? DVRBars or can I use WinMFS beta 9_3g from 2010? I've found some information here, but much of it is several years old. I usually try to read more of the posts here, but in the interest of time, can someone just suggest which tool I need and provide a current link, please?

Thanks, everyone!
You will need to use MFSTools to copy the drive to the 4TB and save the recordings.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· der Neuerer
3,457 Posts
No it will not work. MFSTools can be found and had on this forum.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum but there seems to be a lot of great help here.

I'm trying to revive a premiere 4 that has sat for several years. May I please get a 1TB TCD748000 image

I'll search for the instructions within this forum

many thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a lifetime service TCD748000 box (2TB) that is stuck on start up. The green screen came up at one point and it later went into the stuck screen again. Seems to be the HD is toast. My inexpensive and less time consuming possible solutions is to buy a brand new DVR, same model, subscription based(?), off Ebay (1TB) for about $80 and remove the HD and drop it into my lifetime service unit. I record SSD TV mostly so stepping down from 2TB to 1TB isn't excepted to be a problem. My concerns are will the lifetime service be impacted with a HD from an identical model that requires a subscription and will stepping down from 2TB to 1TB cause problems due to any imaging differences? Any insight would be appreciated.

In the event I try a DIY with reimaging a new HD (1TB or 2TB), can I please have a TCD748000 image? Thanks.

· Premium Member
6,472 Posts
I have a lifetime service TCD748000 box (2TB) that is stuck on start up. The green screen came up at one point and it later went into the stuck screen again. Seems to be the HD is toast. My inexpensive and less time consuming possible solutions is to buy a brand new DVR, same model, subscription based(?), off Ebay (1TB) for about $80 and remove the HD and drop it into my lifetime service unit. I record SSD TV mostly so stepping down from 2TB to 1TB isn't excepted to be a problem. My concerns are will the lifetime service be impacted with a HD from an identical model that requires a subscription and will stepping down from 2TB to 1TB cause problems due to any imaging differences? Any insight would be appreciated.

In the event I try a DIY with reimaging a new HD (1TB or 2TB), can I please have a TCD748000 image? Thanks.
1 & 2 TB images sent. The lifetime subscription isn't affected by the hard drive.

I wouldn't recommend a used drive that has probably been in use for a decade, and if you buy a box that was shut down before the switch from Gracenote to Rovi guide data it won't update anyway. No matter what drive or image you use, you MUST run Clear & Delete Everything on the TiVo to "marry" the new drive to the motherboard.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts