TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 133 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Hello - I'm trying to resuscitate a dead TCD748000. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the maximum hard drive size when doing a replacement. I have a 6TB WD Purple - will that work, using an image? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

· der Neuerer
3,457 Posts
Hello - I'm trying to resuscitate a dead TCD748000. I can't seem to find a definitive answer on the maximum hard drive size when doing a replacement. I have a 6TB WD Purple - will that work, using an image? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You can go up to an 8 TB image. Get ggieseke's 4 TB image to put on the drive initially. Boot it up and run the initial setup on it. Then follow the DIY 8 TB Premiere thread to expand it. You would stop before the step that runs 8TBprep if you are just going to 6 TB.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
10 Posts
You can go up to an 8 TB image. Get ggieseke's 4 TB image to put on the drive initially. Boot it up and run the initial setup on it. Then follow the DIY 8 TB Premiere thread to expand it. You would stop before the step that runs 8TBprep if you are just going to 6 TB.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Wow - this forum rocks! I'm hoping the 6TB Purple will run cooler due to the lower 5400RPM spin speed. The 8TB Purple is 7200RPM. ggieseke - could I please get a 4TB (or 6TB, if it exists) image?

61 - 80 of 133 Posts