TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I created a lineup with TiVo with my specific channels. (12 is cbs 14 is nbc) if you have the same lineup then you can use the same one I created.

first go to zap2it.com and type in 11365. go to elechester fourth housing lineup and see if what you are getting matches what I set up. if it matches follow the steps below.

go through guided setup but enter 11365 as your zip code. select elechester fourth housing as your line up and then just select the channels u receive.

let me know if u need additional help.

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
7,486 Posts
A lot simpler.

Make a list of your channels, what the call letters are, network affiliation, etc, and where that channel comes in on your cable system.

Go to this webpage...

https://customersupport.tivo.com/caseSubmitLineup.asp?

Type your specific channel lineup into the window that'll come up. (You might want to just type it up ahead of time and then copy and paste it into TiVo's info window.)

Give TiVo any other info they need (such as what your building or apt complex's name is, and if your cable is provided by a known cable company...so they can come up with a way to describe your service).

In a few days, TiVo will have added your specific lineup to their options in your zip code area. (They'll invent a name for your lineup, maybe using the name of the building you live in.) That way you can get your machine set up, and anyone else who gets TiVo service will have that option given to them right away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Trust me I wish it was that easy. I posted a lineup request and got no reponse. after a few weeks of waiting I called TiVo and they needed an official letter with from my apt complex on their letter head. without that they could not help. it tool a while before the apt complex got around to it and it then took another few weeks before TiVo implemented it. I wish it was as easy as submitting a lineup on the website. this was over a year already so maybe they changed the policy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in Brooklyn using TiVo without a cable box and received a message from TiVo telling me to update my channel guide. It totally screwed it up. TiVo support was of no help. Talked to them several times, and they wanted an official Channel Lineup from Time Warner after I sent them a list I put together.

I read this thread and used 11365 for my zip, and it worked! Thanks aviboom! You've helped save my sanity. All the best.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a similar problem. I have 'basic' cable up through channel 99, then an expanded digital for 30 or so more channels with on demand service available. i tried all 3 of the different choices available for me; the basic channels are fine, most of the digital are ok, but at least 2 digital channels are missing (both for kids shows, Noggin and Nick Kids). Tivo says I get the channel, but i get nothing but a black screen on those channels now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.