TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Tivo and was working through the guided setup and after going through all the cable lineups in my area not one of them matched what was coming into my TV.

For example:

My TV broadcasts WCBS as channel 12 while TIVO had it on channel 2.
My TV broadcasts WNBC on channel 14 but TIVO had it on channel 4.

My program guide is all screwed up and I cant use season pass or any other quide program becasuse everything is wrong.

Has anyone had any experiance with this?

Will Tivo fix this for me or am I just screwed?

Tivo said they will get back to me within 5 days, is this true?

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Time Warner bill says I have Basic (direct hookup) cable.

It is basicly broadcast cable, I get all the network channels EG: Fox, NBC ABC etc.. at perfect reception without an antenna.

I never felt the ned for full cable but since 9-11 my antenna does not get good reception.

I have no premium channels.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure what building specific line-up means but I do live in an apt.

I agree I cant believe I am the first person!

I went through guided setup a few times, even with different zip codes of surrounding areas and I got the same result.

I called Time Warner and they wanted to charge me $5 extra a month for a cable box which would fix the problem. Thats crazy I would still be getting the same channels.

Do you know how long it will take for Tivo to build me my own lineup?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I spoke to TIVO they asked me to send them a lineup card so I called Time Warner and they said they did not have one for my lineup.

Will Tivo still be able to help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I asked around the building and anyone with a cable box did not have this problem (which is most people).

I dont think anyone has a lineup card not even Time Warner!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just came from Zap2it. I checked all the line-ups in my area and the surrondnig areas and zip codes.

None of them are mine.

I appreciate all the suggestions!

Any one have anymore?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I created a lineup with TiVo with my specific channels. (12 is cbs 14 is nbc) if you have the same lineup then you can use the same one I created.

first go to zap2it.com and type in 11365. go to elechester fourth housing lineup and see if what you are getting matches what I set up. if it matches follow the steps below.

go through guided setup but enter 11365 as your zip code. select elechester fourth housing as your line up and then just select the channels u receive.

let me know if u need additional help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Trust me I wish it was that easy. I posted a lineup request and got no reponse. after a few weeks of waiting I called TiVo and they needed an official letter with from my apt complex on their letter head. without that they could not help. it tool a while before the apt complex got around to it and it then took another few weeks before TiVo implemented it. I wish it was as easy as submitting a lineup on the website. this was over a year already so maybe they changed the policy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.