TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Is this a building-specific cable line up? If so, TiVo can make a line up for you.

If not, are you sure you entered the right zip code? I'm sure that after all these years, you're not the first person in Queens to buy a TiVo so it should be something fairly simple.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
aviboom said:
I am not sure what building specific line-up means but I do live in an apt.
Some buildings have their own mini-cable systems that rearrange the channels for whatever reason. Generally these channel assignments aren't reported to anyone. (For example, the local paper or TV guide has little interest in including a channel line up for a hundred people.) However, TiVo is willing to build line-ups for these cases. If they can't get the info from anywhere else, they may ask you to report the line-up for your building. The reference to 5 days above sounds like they were talking about that.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I know that in some areas, they're telling everyone that they'll need to get a box eventually. They may have stopped reporting a boxless line-up as another step to "encourage" boxless customers to get them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.