TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know what to do. I have brighthouse cable and tivo hd. Slot one scientific atlanta cable card is working on all channels...although a lot of pixelation problems. I have the b2 upgrade, which hasn't improved anything that I can tell.

In Slot 2 the scientific atlanta cable card, some channels do not tune in properly, only get blank grey screen.

Had truck roll out yesterday, he called to see if cable cards authorized, they were. He changed to another SA cable card and it didn't help. He had never worked on a tivo before, and knew they were trouble before he even began. He also had never heard of an M card.

WHat do I do now?
1) Return the tivo for a new one? I have read about the slot two problem, will a new unit solve the problem?

2) Try more cable cards? I have heard SA cards seem to have more issues than motorola. Not sure if brighthouse uses motorola or i I can get an M card from some place else and have it work?

The tech said he doesn't see bad cable cards that often, is tivo more picky with cable cards?

HELP?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Technician came out today and of course had little clue about tivo. All we did was try another cable card and the powerkey status went to ready!! All technician did was call in host id and cable card number and it worked.

It was the third scientific atlanta card tried in slot two. So either the cards are unpredictable or the tivo is picky, or a combo of both..

Hopefully it keeps working, still get the pixelation quite often but i think i can live with that, but half a tuner i would not have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.