TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
This same problem happened to me. Cable card slot 1 worked great on all channels but slot 2 cable card refused to show all channels. As the cable guy said " it won't show scrambled channels". For example, past 100, DiscoveryHD, nat. geographic, etc.

Long story short it took 3 guys 4 hours to get it working. They didn't change a thing here, just sat on the phone telling the 'head end' to do this and that. I wish I could tell you exactly what they did but they tried so many things I lost track.

In the end, for this problem there is nothing wrong with the TiVo or the SA card in slot two. Just get the 'cable card expert' at your local cable company to come out and fix it.

EDIT: I also still get the macroblocking on all channels, no improvement after the b2 update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
jfh3 said:
One small correction - don't waste everyone's time by having someone come out.
EVERY SINGLE CABLE COMPANY THAT SUPPORTS CABLE CARDS CAN FIX THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM OVER THE PHONE !!!
Yes, except the 1-800 people are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Everytime I tried to fix the problem their solution was to have someone come out. Every... single... time....

The guys who come out seem to know the right people to call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.