TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just gave me her old series 1 (w/no instructions.) I have a new Magnavox flat panel tv w/comcast cable. The cable comes out of the wall & connects to this little radio shack box, which in turn has a different cable that connects to my monitor. I the tivo, the monitor & the box have the yellow/red/white cables & I have one of those. Basically I would really appreciate simple steps to set this up, if thats even possible.

Please help!

· Man I must be bored.
218 Posts
I'm guessing the radio shack box only exists to allow your flat panel to get basic cable since it probably has no coax connector. If so Basically replace the radioshack box with the tivo. So connect the cable from the wall into the cable In on the back of the TiVo. Then connect the Composite video (Yellow) RCA) and the Left Right Audio (red and white RCA's). Plug in a phone line and do the basic setup. It will take a few hours to connect download and process the information. Post again with any problems, or if my assumptions are wrong.

You might also want to split the signal out of the wall into 2 coax cables and leave the radio shack setup alone. this way you could watch regular TV while the TiVo records something. You will need to go to radio shack and get a coax splitter.

CHeck out the tivo website and go to support they have pretty good instructions on how to do setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.