TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my TiVo stopped getting new program info - EVERY time it tries, either automatically or manually, it does - "Preparing (Done)... Connecting (Done)... Getting info (Connection interrupted)."

After the info ran out, I thought I might have some settings wrong for some reason, so I ran the Guided Setup again. Now I am back at the part where it has to do "Getting Setup Info" and it can't get past that step... which means I can't get back out of Guided Setup! Therefore my TiVo is currently very worthless.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a network connection.

The network is working fine, the modem is on, I have internet, the router is working, I've tested all the external things I can.

I know the internet is working at least part of the way on the Tivo as well because it gets to step 3 of the process, which means it "Connected"... it only stops on step 3, at "Getting info". It makes me think it just timed out, it takes so long.

·
Dumb Blond
38,676 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is to temporarily turn off your router's firewall (probably best to have any other computers shut down) and see if that makes a difference. Perhaps others will have advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.