TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Contentious Member
245 Posts
I don't see any set up optiion to change.
Nope, there is no option to make the buffer longer. Though sometimes you can capture more than 30 minutes of the buffer if you press "record". So for example, let's say you turn on the TV and see a program that's 40 minutes in. If you rewind to the beginning of the buffer you'll only go back 30 minutes. But if you press "record", sometimes you get all 40 minutes.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,823 Posts
Yes, just press Record. You can delete later.

·
Registered
88 Posts
One thing on the buffer: why did TiVo never implemented a warning when you are watching buffered content and (usually accidental) channel change is pressed…
Many an occasion a dropped remote, a cat’s paw or some other has caused an unintended change and loss of buffered event, I’ve had many DVRs from RCA to Magnavox to Replay and you would get a warning in the form of a circle to slash or a readable warning … but not Tivo of course because they (fill in your own demeaning content) 🤔

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,355 Posts
One thing on the buffer: why did TiVo never implemented a warning when you are watching buffered content and (usually accidental) channel change is pressed…
Many an occasion a dropped remote, a cat’s paw or some other has caused an unintended change and loss of buffered event, I’ve had many DVRs from RCA to Magnavox to Replay and you would get a warning in the form of a circle to slash or a readable warning … but not Tivo of course because they (fill in your own demeaning content) 🤔
I don't think any of them do that any more. I have two different DVRs, and neither does it.

Nor should it. Record it if it's important. Watching out of a buffer (which I do all the time) is inherently risky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts