TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worked fine last night. Today, it's moving through the menus really slow, and when I go to watch live tv, the picture is black and there's no sound. All my connections are the same and they are all secure. Anyone ever experience anything like this?

·
TechKnow Guide
4,779 Posts
First thing to try with problems like this is to reboot your Tivo .... disconnect power, wait 30-sec, reconnect power. If that doesn't help, post back with more information about:

* brand/model Tivo
* brand/model TV
* what's your video source (cable, cable box, satellite receiver)?
* how is the video source connected to your Tivo (cables, connectors, inputs/outputs)?
* how is the Tivo connected to your TV (cables, connectors, inputs/outputs)?

·
Registered
478 Posts
sounds like your hard drive is dead/dying.
look on the bright side
replace it with a huge one, a 40 hour tivo will love a 250 gig drive!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just spoke to tech support, she didn't sound to confident. she said if it happens again, they'll exchange it. i don't want to open it up and put in a new hd, i've only had it 2 months, it shouldn't be doing this and I don't want to void the warannty, it looks like i'll need it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
starks9630 said:
i just spoke to tech support, she didn't sound to confident. she said if it happens again, they'll exchange it. i don't want to open it up and put in a new hd, i've only had it 2 months, it shouldn't be doing this and I don't want to void the warannty, it looks like i'll need it.
Do yourself a favor and don't wait til it happens again. Exchange it now when you don't have to pay anything. after 90 days you will have to pay a "labor" charge. If you had this problem now it will go bad later! (I speak from experience!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.