TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVE Tivo. However, one of my philips 704's (35hr?) went out. I am not technically inclined to fix or coordinate fixing. I don't even know where my philips is on the scale of DTivo's.

I attempted to buy anothor but when I got home found the DTV has their own DVR instead of Tivo's. I have had one night and want to get rid of it.

The new HD DTV with Tivo is still pretty pricey for me and thought I would wait until it comes down a bit more in price. Being that I am not technically inclined I don't need to be on the cusp of technology.

Any suggestions on what I should buy to simply fullfil my Tivo needs? I thought about just buying another used philips from ebay but saw threads warning against this.

Thanks for your help and suggestions! I am dying without my Tivo!!

·
Just a boring dude
32,054 Posts
Dunnoanything said:
I LOVE Tivo. However, one of my philips 704's (35hr?) went out. I am not technically inclined to fix or coordinate fixing. I don't even know where my philips is on the scale of DTivo's.

I attempted to buy anothor but when I got home found the DTV has their own DVR instead of Tivo's. I have had one night and want to get rid of it.

The new HD DTV with Tivo is still pretty pricey for me and thought I would wait until it comes down a bit more in price. Being that I am not technically inclined I don't need to be on the cusp of technology.

Any suggestions on what I should buy to simply fullfil my Tivo needs? I thought about just buying another used philips from ebay but saw threads warning against this.

Thanks for your help and suggestions! I am dying without my Tivo!!
Valuelectronics.com
Robert is a forum member here as well as a sponsor. I thik he has some DVR80's in stock or perhaps Samsungs.
And you qualify for the free after rebate deal too.

·
Just a boring dude
32,054 Posts
or you could stick with the info I gave in your 1st post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gunny - Was trying to. Didn't know if I should get the R10 or the Hughes DVR80 and posted as such. I have verified that the hughes DVR80 is a series 2 and so can follow everyone's advice. Ordering now... thanks all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts