TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Community,

I've been a long time lurker on these boards, but I've only posted once before. Please forgive my ignorant questions, but I've done all I can on my own.

My needs for downloading/uploading videos to my tivos are pretty low. However, I do occasionally want to be able to load a video to my Tivo. Prior to 10.10 I was able to use Mac2Tivo with my Tivo Premiere to upload the occasional video. Now I have a TiVo Roamio Plus--and combined with my latest upgrade to Yosemite, none of the original Roxio software seems to be working.

So I installed pyTivo. My Tivo sees the folder, but the folder is empty. Please understand, my python knowledge is fairly limited. Here's what I've done:

1. Installed pyTivo per instructions "pytivo.sourceforgeDOTnet/wiki/index.php/Mac_OS_X_Install"
2. Installed the latest version of the ffmpeg folder from here: "ffmpegDOTorg/download.html" to a bin folder within my pyTivo folder in Applications.
3. I already have python installed, it looks like I'm running 2.6.2
4. I've been able to access the pyTivo configuration webpage from machine pyTivo is installed on as well as a browser on another machine on my network.

Again, my Tivo sees the folder I've shared as a "device", but the folder remains empty. I'm wondering:
1. If I need to upgrade python. If so, to what version?
2. I loaded the ffmpeg folder directly into the bin folder I created. Was I supposed to place the folder contents into bin without the ffmpeg folder.
3. I've referenced that ffmpeg folder in the pyTivo global settings as /applications/pytivo/bin/ffmpeg--is this correct?

Any thoughts the community has to get me up and running are greatly appreciated.

denise

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, these boards are fast. Full path to which file in the ffmpeg folder? This one? I see there's a UNIX executable called configure--is that the one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, and you're right I have a Mac. I downloaded the Mac version of ffmpeg and the three files it contains (ffmpeg, ffprobe, ffserver). A couple of questions:

the three mac-compiled files--should they go in bin or bin/ffmpeg

Should I reference the ffmpeg file or one of the other two.

thanks again to everyone for their help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, since folks have helped me I have to admit how stupid my mistake was.

Yes, I removed all but the three compiled mac ffmpeg files. However, I realized that wasn't the issue. The issue was the extension of the video I was trying to upload. mp4 didn't work, m4v does.

file is now uploading to the Tivo and I've confirmed it works.

Now that it's working, pyTivo is great. I love the "push to tivo feature" and I think it's much faster than Mac2Tivo.

Thank you everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.