TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Don't rule out an LNB...I had one go out on a Dish approx 15 months after install. DirecTV technician didn't believe that it would have been dead so fast but it solved my signal problems. Also better mounted the dish so that it's more wind-resistant.

You can "sign up" for the Protection plan, call them the next day and schedule the install, then after the install drop the plan. Can save you $$$.

·
Just hangin'
30,961 Posts
I would still revisit all connections, inside and outside. There may be some corrosion in one or more of them. Also, remove the multiswitch from the equation by using F/F barrel connectors to connect both outputs of the dish to the DirecTV DVR. See if this clears up the problem. If not, then it is probably the LNB. If it does clear up, then the multiswitch is in question.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for all of the suggestions.....I really don't understand it; I have not had any problems since my last post. The next time I have problems I will try to plug the lines from the LNB directly into my main Tivo receiver.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.