TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Pro Troll Magnet
16,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Jen finally got hers.

I'm not sure who I wanted to see face Rock next week, but it should be interesting. It's by no means a lock and I guess it all depends on which of the other contestants each ends up with.

Jen WAS the only one to miss the test at the pass and, after her spaghetti fiasco, she should really have gone a while ago. Having said that, on a recent Top Chef, one of the contestants knocked over another's prepared mango and asked if he wanted some more cut or the stuff that hit the floor washed! :eek:

I guess more DOES go on behind the scenes than we actually see.

·
WTTWDC
10,297 Posts
I knew Jen was doomed as soon as she won the challenge.

I'm not sure there is any way Bonnie can win this, but I agree it does also depend on who is chosen as the sous chefs next week.

Should be a relatively interesting finale...at least as far as seeing how they yell and scream at those on their team when they screw up. :)

deb

·
Registered
873 Posts
debtoine said:
I knew Jen was doomed as soon as she won the challenge.

I'm not sure there is any way Bonnie can win this, but I agree it does also depend on who is chosen as the sous chefs next week.

Should be a relatively interesting finale...at least as far as seeing how they yell and scream at those on their team when they screw up. :)

deb
This is the only area rock can lose. There is no service or cooking his advantage is gone. It will come down to who has a better sense of style and taste so advantage bonnie. I would say bonnie is the favorite going in to the final. Her weakness at cooking is no longer an issue.

Good episode jen deserved to lose I think ramsey got it right this week.

·
Poster of News
30,419 Posts
i guess she does have some fight in her..i think GR loved when she showed her dark side and chewed him out real well. Rock was so pansy about it. He should have just imagined he was yelling at one of the other competitors and he could have done just fine.

way to scare the blank out of everyone by lowering that noisy partition. :) I guess they had them stand in a particular place to avoid getting killed.

wouldnt that suck to have your mom not pick a dish you made?

·
Banned
5,779 Posts
I actually think Bonnie has a legitimate shot at winning. All season they've referred to Bonnie as the nanny who did some cooking. Tonight she made it pretty clear that she isn't a nanny but a personal chef who does a little bit of babysitting. We know she's pretty creative with her dishes because being a personal chef you have to cook something different every night, there isn't a menu that you just stick with like in a restaurant. I think she actually has a lot more culinary experience than we've been lead to believe. For someone who is an executive chef, Rock didn't seem to run the pass as well as I thought he would.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
By going first at running the pass, Jen was at somewhat of a disadvantage. Bonnie and Rock got a "heads up" from seeing that there would be an attempt to get plates past that were deficient in some way. Jen should have anticipated that would be done but the other two knew and were watching for it.

·
Pro Troll Magnet
16,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
etexlady said:
By going first at running the pass, Jen was at somewhat of a disadvantage. Bonnie and Rock got a "heads up" from seeing that there would be an attempt to get plates past that were deficient in some way. Jen should have anticipated that would be done but the other two knew and were watching for it.
Yes, but you'd think that if you were selected as a contestant for this show, you'd watch the previous series. This stunt was a "feature" of running the pass in both season 1 and 2!

·
tciddAweDehT
3,536 Posts
etexlady said:
My wife and I discussed this, but they've done the same thing on previous seasons. It's Jen's own fault if she didn't watch last season, and see that this would happen. Ultimately, as far as we know, Jen is the only one who also screwed up while cooking (the risotto), so maybe it was a combination of her cooking screwup, and her lax standards that got her cut.

·
Smiley Averse
1,153 Posts
etexlady said:
I thought the same thing, and while I would have been watching the food my competitors were bringing up, I might have been less concerned with what the pros were providing. Oh well, you can't trust anyone.

·
Not it!
10,726 Posts
Not sure if the following needs to be spoilered, but I'm doing so in an abundance of caution since I'm anticipating the format of the finale episode based upon previous seasons. I guess it would be a spoiler for anyone that doesn't know how this show (or most reality shows, for that matter) works:

Kudos to Bonnie for having the foresight to ask Jen to be on her team while hugging Jen goodbye, immediately after Jen was dismissed by Ramsay, but I think it was still a little crass for her to do so. That having been said, I think that Bonnie has probably burned fewer bridges during the course of the competition as compared to Rock, so she'll probably have a more willing team helping her out. That may wind up making all the difference. I wonder if the crying cowboy guy will be back, and whose team he'll wind up on?

So glad Jen's gone. I wasn't able to let go of the "pasta garbage incident," though it doesn't appear that it had any real impact on Ramsay's decision.

·
TCF Bookie
9,815 Posts
I was predicting that Jen was going to win. Apparently not.
I think Rock will win as long as he can resist blowing his top again, but I have no reason to count out Bonnie.

With the first pick of the 2007 Hell's Kitchen Draft...Rock picks...Aaron. :up:

·
Craps Player
4,000 Posts
etexlady said:
Exactly

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.