TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
jsmeeker said:
DAMN!

My TiVo missed this because NBC decided to re-run an episode of Heroes. I never change the season pass to be FRO..
pure curiousity, why would you have a SP (of a major network show) at anything but first run? (unless you missed some of course :))

·
Garden obsessed
15,340 Posts
Sadara said:
I was a little disappointed in Julia, but I also can understand how she feels.....
Oh, I completely understand how she feels- but I 100% disagree with her decision to display those feelings all over national television. It's your 15 minutes- all your friends and family are watching, and tapes will be saved for your children and grandchildren. It's the time to put on your happy face and be gracious in defeat, not pout around and make things difficult for a team member.

I doubt there is anyone anywhere happy to ever have lost any sort of competition, but you suck it up, congratulate the winner, then go home and cry alone or among close family members. You learn this is grade school- the old adage that anyone can be a good winner but it takes class to be a good loser. Bonnie was a good example of losing gracefully- she almost made me believe she was happy Rock won. I'm sure she's not, but she was raised properly and so behaved accordingly. All Julia did was make a horses ass out of herself on national TV.

·
ID-10-T
16,781 Posts
Big Deficit said:
Compared to the people on Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen's contestants are not much more than dish washers.
I disagree with that to a degree. All Top Chef does is essentially have them design dishes and cook them. You never see how they would actually manage a kitchen for the most part, and I think that is a pretty significant deal, where a lot of people on Top Chef would fall down, just like they do on there.

I think there is a lot more to being a chef than just being able to create ridiculous dishes.

Anyways, as for Hell's Kitchen, I would like them to have more viable canidates. I have been saying for a while there is no way Rock would not win. Because Ramsey was going to pick the best person, and it was not even close. They need to have some canidates with the same level of experience and knowledge so at the very least the finale is not a foregone conclusion.

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
Based on last night's performance, I do think Rock deserved to win. But I also think Rock needs to attend some anger management classes before he's sent out to be head chef at this Vegas restaurant.

I was also really disappointed at Julia's behavior. She doesn't realize she probably got the best prize - a free ticket to culinary school from Ramsay. I probably would be happier with that than winning the competition, because it means Ramsay really does believe in her.

Still amazed that Josh can't cook a crabcake without burning it. He did the same thing -- cooking a bunch of items in advance of ordering -- that got him literally tossed out in the street the first time. Why couldn't he learn at least that lesson? And why did he even agree to come back for the final episode? He easily tops all the contestants for most disgraceful exit.

·
Registered
534 Posts
mportuesi said:
Based on last night's performance, I do think Rock deserved to win. But I also think Rock needs to attend some anger management classes before he's sent out to be head chef at this Vegas restaurant.
You mean... Like Ramsey? ;)

Only based on last night's performance? That implies that Bonnie deserved it otherwise. Rock deserved to win based on the finale's performance, and he deserved to win based on his performance throughout the entire season. I really saw nothing in Bonnie that showed me that she could handle a large kitchen. Sure, she could make some tasty dishes, but that just makes her a good cook... not a head chef.

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,697 Posts
MassD said:

Only based on last night's performance? That implies that Bonnie deserved it otherwise. Rock deserved to win based on the finale's performance, and he deserved to win based on his performance throughout the entire season. I really saw nothing in Bonnie that showed me that she could handle a large kitchen. Sure, she could make some tasty dishes, but that just makes her a good cook... not a head chef.
WTF.... I think you got your definitions backwards. A head chef does not need to be doing the actual cooking. They need to design the menu and oversee the kitchen.

·
Ring Turner
17,528 Posts
VegasVic said:
It would be nice to get an update on the people from all 3 of the seasons, see what they are up to now.
Crap, I keep getting this mixed up with Top Chef. They did a reunion special (halfway through the season) and did that.

^%$&^T(*&)(*^&^$^%&*&^^&$^%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get to watch the finale until last night. I went all day yesterday without getting it spoiled on websites or tv. I wouldn't even go on the fox website to check something on another show for fear of them plastering the winner all over the place. I was driving home from work and I was listening to the radio and the DJ made a remark out of the blue about Rock winning. And he's got TIVO!!!!! :mad:

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
MassD said:
There's a difference between Rock and Ramsay. Ramsay definitely flies into his tirades, but he's still in control of himself. There were a couple moments during the competition were Rock just went bat-sh*t nutso - as in I would be afraid to be near him for fear of getting hurt.

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
I wasn't so much thinking about the last two episodes as earlier in the series. He lost a challenge and had to sort through garbage as punishment. He was in total rage, throwing stuff around the kitchen and shouting at the top of his lungs.

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,697 Posts
mportuesi said:
I wasn't so much thinking about the last two episodes as earlier in the series. He lost a challenge and had to sort through garbage as punishment. He was in total rage, throwing stuff around the kitchen and shouting at the top of his lungs.
Right. But in the last episode, he said a lot of what he did was calculated tactics. Maybe his rage was a tactic of some sort. Not really sure what sort of tactic.

·
As seen on TV
1,891 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of "tactic" uncontrolled rage, in a situation where it's not going to benefit him, would be. I mean, yes he definitely did screw around with people's heads, and employed other tactics like putting his competition on the chopping block. But there weren't any other people around when he was acting like an enraged nutcase.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.