TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
huh?
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bye Bye mop head!! I'm so glad Melissa is gone.

By the way, Rock's meltdown was entertaining and understandable all at the same time!!

I'm starting to think the only two people who have a chance of winning are Rock and Jen. I love Julia, but I don't know if she's going to be able to keep up, she's at a point now that it appears her lack of knowledge is holding her back quite a bit. I do think that Jen did a very good job of explaining things to her!!

·
Just a boring dude
32,056 Posts
I think Rock's temper is gonna get the better of him.
One F you to Ramsaya nd he's gone.
I say at this point that Jen takes it all.

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
are there smaller customer bases later in the show? We started with (12?) people , now down to 6. Then obviously this will lessen. So how in the world can a staff of 12 not serve the entire meal and yet when we get down to 4, inevitably they serve wonderfully and completely?

·
Welcome Home, Jimmy!
5,876 Posts
It would be tough to see Jen win when she was on camera taking pasta out of the trash and trying to reuse it. Assuming that Fox knows who wins, I would think they would have edited out the part where she went to the trash.

·
huh?
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goblue97 said:
It would be tough to see Jen win when she was on camera taking pasta out of the trash and trying to reuse it. Assuming that Fox knows who wins, I would think they would have edited out the part where she went to the trash.
That part still bothers me.... which is why, dispite Rock's temper, I think he has a better chance of winning.

·
TCF Bookie
9,629 Posts
I think showing Rock's tantrum is foreshadowing his eventual demise in the game, despite him being the only competent male at this time.
I'm leaning towards Jen at this time.
I'm wishing that Bonnie was still running around in booty shorts as well.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I really wish Julia had more knowledge because I adore her! I agree that I can't get past Jen taking the pasta out of the garbage but she is really stepping up. The guys pretty much suck-Rock has potential but I think he's way too arrogant. yes, many chefs have that reputation, but he takes it to the next level. Bonnie and her not wanting to kill the lobster got to me. The thing with Julia is that she seems to pick technique and knowledge up quickly. What's the time span between winning the show and actually opening the restaurant? Wouldn't Julia have time to get an indepth schooling from some culinary school or other top chefs?

·
4,716 Posts
I'm really not sure about who I think will win this thing...

Jen - I too cannot see her winning after wanting to serve trash
Bonnie - To me it doesn't seem like she has the confidence to win
Julia - Does seem to quickly pick up the skills, but I'm not sure about her originality in creating dishes/menus
Rock - might have the best chance to win, if he doesn't completely blow his stack in front of Ramsay
Josh - can't seem to put it together
Brad - might be a dark horse

·
Blah blah blah
218 Posts
coolpenguin said:
Rock has potential but I think he's way too arrogant. yes, many chefs have that reputation, but he takes it to the next level.QUOTE]

I'm normally a fan of the Ramsey/Simon Cowell personality, but IMHO he crossed the line on this episode. Roc was justified in getting pissed off over Ramsey's winning pick in the challenge - if the competition was that close, Ramsey should have picked the team that was more creative and took more of a risk. Then after complimenting everyone, he sends the blue team to dig through trash for hours? And then to rub salt in the wound, has Roc come witness the champagne photo shoot? Below the belt.

The only saving grace for Ramsey's actions here is if it turns out he's specifically testing Roc to see how he operates under stress/pressure.

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
It seems to me that if I'm Ramsey and I have the choice between spending the day with three young ladies or three guys and Melissa, I know which way I'm leaning if the contest is even a little close.

That said, it seems like Rock has the best chance of winning if he can keep his mouth shut.

·
Enlightened
7,696 Posts
pantherman007 said:
The only saving grace for Ramsey's actions here is if it turns out he's specifically testing Roc to see how he operates under stress/pressure.
That's exactly what I thought he was doing. Why else would he single him out from everyone on the team?

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,082 Posts
My money's on Rock - as said, if he can keep his cool. There's no way Jen should still be there after what she did, but I keep having to remind myself that this is TV and there's a LOT going on that we don't see. The camera can highlight certain things in certain ways as to make them appear different to what really happened, although it's hard to see how in this case.

Would a kitchen of that standard REALLY have rancid crab in the fridge?

I think the two sous chefs help a lot more in the later rounds.

·
4,716 Posts
pantherman007 said:
I'm normally a fan of the Ramsey/Simon Cowell personality, but IMHO he crossed the line on this episode. Roc was justified in getting pissed off over Ramsey's winning pick in the challenge - if the competition was that close, Ramsey should have picked the team that was more creative and took more of a risk. Then after complimenting everyone, he sends the blue team to dig through trash for hours? And then to rub salt in the wound, has Roc come witness the champagne photo shoot? Below the belt.

At first I thought that Ramsay was calling Rock to the photo shoot because he had received a report of Rock's tantrum and wanted to yell at him for his antics.

I was a bit surprised at Ramsay's decision based on the looks of the dishes and his comments, but I can see why it made sense to pick the red team, due to the glamour factor of the prize.

·
4,716 Posts
TonyTheTiger said:
Would a kitchen of that standard REALLY have rancid crab in the fridge?
Food spoils at the same rate in a fancy kitchen as it does in a greasy spoon, assuming that the refrigerators/walk-ins are properly working. It all comes down to proper rotation and ordering.

·
Pro Troll Magnet
15,082 Posts
GoHalos said:
Food spoils at the same rate in a fancy kitchen as it does in a greasy spoon, assuming that the refrigerators/walk-ins are properly working. It all comes down to proper rotation and ordering.
I know that, but this is NOT a fancy kitchen in the normal sense. With TV chefs (and I'm sure there's an army of them behind the scenes) and a kitchen that is stocked for a few days, there is no reason for anything to have time to go off unless it was planted, which is what I suspect.

·
The Gimp
17,431 Posts
TonyTheTiger said:
I know that, but this is NOT a fancy kitchen in the normal sense. With TV chefs (and I'm sure there's an army of them behind the scenes) and a kitchen that is stocked for a few days, there is no reason for anything to have time to go off unless it was planted, which is what I suspect.
Which makes sense, will any of the chefs recognize spoiled foods if they see it/smell it?

It happens in real life, in fact just last friday a group i was with ordered mussels and they were "off", one had died in the delivery batch and spoiled the whole lot.

·
4,716 Posts
TonyTheTiger said:
It could have been planted. I hadn’t thought of that.

Since Chef Ramsay caught it before it went out, he might have known about it and knew that it would never get out, dangerous as it was. With as much yelling as he does (sometimes on the other side of the kitchen), I'd hope that if it was planted, that someone other than Chef Ramsay was making sure that it never went out.

Crab doesn’t keep a real long time though, so I could see it going south quickly.

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,524 Posts
What happened to the knife in the brain technique? Chef R mentioned it then they just boiled them live anyway.

·
The Gimp
17,431 Posts
TAsunder said:
What happened to the knife in the brain technique? Chef R mentioned it then they just boiled them live anyway.
The probably edited the knifing of the live crab out, peta and other groups here woulda pitched a fit.

·
4,716 Posts
Langree said:
The probably edited the knifing of the live crab out, peta and other groups here woulda pitched a fit.
That raises an interesting question...

Would the PETA people rather have lobsters killed (if they have to be killed) by a knife through the head or boiling them alive? I would guess the former, but I could be wrong.

Also I thought that I saw Alton Brown on Good Eats kill the lobsters in the freezer (quickly -- not near enough time to freeze them) before cooking them.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts