TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to connect headphones but my TV has a broken digital audio output port. I have a TV with a TIVO mini on a MOCA network. TV and mini are connected via HDMI. When I try the digital cable connection direct to the TIVO mini to listen to my TV program all I get is static. I am not sure if this is an incorrect connection or if I have another equipment problem. I am using a converter between my wireless headphone base (RCA connector) and the TIVO mini.

·
TDL shepherd
17,365 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since my original post I tried the converter and digital cable on another tv with a functioning digital audio output port and the adapter worked fine converting the audio signal from tv to my headphones. So... without a functioning tv port, is it possible to use the digital port on my mini TIVO to obtain an audio signal? It doesn't appear to work, but is there some setting I can change?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think this will help. I have RCA plugs from headphones and need to get a signal from an audio source that does not have RCA(analog) plug in ports. That is why I am using the digital/analog converter (so that I have a digital plug to put in a digital port on my audio source). I just need to know if that source can be the TIVO mini VOX.

·
TiVoholic by the bay
14,222 Posts
You need to use the adapter cable, which is RCA to a special Tivo plug. Then you do not need to use the digital audio converter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.