TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR10-250, which was one of the first ones produced, was performing miserably, for instance taking up to 10 minutes just to set up a recording and sometimes saying "Please Wait" for 15 or more minutes. From other threads on this forum I had come to attribute this to lousy programming upgrades.

When my unit finally died, freezing up whenever I played a high-def program, D* replaced it for me for free, even though it was way out of warranty. (Don't ask me why. I'd bought it retail in March, 2004)

The new one is infinitely better. It takes only a couple of seconds to program a recording -- regardless of whether I'm tuned to HD stations -- and only a minute or so to set up a season pass. I still get an occasional video and/or audio glitch when playing an HD program, but the wait times have disappeared.

I think that the wait times creep up so gradually that we forget how well the unit functions out of the box.

I wonder whether an occasional Clear and Delete Everything -- hassle that it is -- would return a slow unit to its pristine state.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've also noticed that the new maching starts all the recordings on time. The old one was starting every recording one to three minutes late.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before trying a C & D I thought I'd try the lesser reset that just clears the To Do list and erases the season passes. After 14 hours it hadn't resolved, at which point D* agreed that the hard drive was defective and sent me a new unit.

The next day, to my surprise, the thing started working again. Worked fine for a couple of days and then the stuttering and failure to respond to the remote kicked in again, so I was glad for the replacement when it arrived.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.