TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hi. What is this?
11,777 Posts
abloch said:
Before trying a C & D I thought I'd try the lesser reset that just clears the To Do list and erases the season passes. After 14 hours it hadn't resolved, at which point D* agreed that the hard drive was defective and sent me a new unit.

The next day, to my surprise, the thing started working again. Worked fine for a couple of days and then the stuttering and failure to respond to the remote kicked in again, so I was glad for the replacement when it arrived.
Mine's been crashing lately and not responding to the remote. I'm hesitant to do a Clear and Delete because it would take me forever to redo my season passes. I have 50 or so, and that's after going through and cancelling all those that were for shows that are not coming back.

·
Hi. What is this?
11,777 Posts
I called DirecTV tech support. I'm dubious of their suggestions, but what the heck.

Suggestion #1. Unplug the unit and leave it unplugged for 15 minutes.
Suggestion #2. Clear & Delete.

I took suggestion 1. I also cleared all the Thumbs Up/Down. I'm hesitant to Clear & Delete anything. We'll see if these two precautions help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.