TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and found several threads about splitters, but didn't find one that specifically addressed my issue.

So I just took advantage of the Premiere to Bolt upgrade. My current Premiere is using component video with digital audio going to my TV. I am also using HDMI going to my Onkyo receiver. I do this so I don't need to have the receiver on all the time I'm watching TV. I would like to retain this flexibility with the Bolt, but since it doesn't have component video I'm wondering if I can just get a HDMI splitter and send one signal to the receiver and one to the TV. But I guess what I don't know is if the receiver is not on will the HDMI to the TV work properly.

If this will work, any recommendations on HDMI splitters?

Is there another configuration option I may be overlooking/missing that would still give me the flexibility to watch TV connected directly to the TV or through the receiver?

Thanks!
Josh

· Registered
47 Posts
Does your Onkyo receive Optical digital (toslink) cable? Would be a lot cheaper than hdmi splitter

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've narrowed down my search to these two. The less expensive one had good reviews on Amazon and was reviewed a lot. The more expensive one had good reviews, but less reviews. I can't tell from the specs alone what is different between them. The specs look the same. I've emailed the company to see what they say. I'll report back when I find out.

The only thing about these is they are not HDMI 2.0 compliant, just 1.4b. The Bolt is 2.0 compliant. I debated on getting a 2.0 compliant splitter, but none of my devices or cables other than my Bolt are 2.0 compliant. Plus these had better/more reviews then the 2.0 splitters I saw.

J-Tech Digital ® Premium Quality 2 Ports HDMI v1.4 1x2 Powered Splitter with UltraHD 4Kx2K

J-Tech Digital JTD-MINI0102/4k 2 Port 1x2 Powered Super Mini Splitter Supports Ultra HD 4K Resolution and 3D

· Registered
47 Posts
I use the Toslink setup for my TV & HDMI for my receiver.
Reason being that TV speakers sucks for the most part so for watching news, sitcoms - Tolslink is more than suffiice & @$5-10 - is plug & play.
I use Toslink too and have had no issues, very stable. In fact I prefer it because it automatically turns my surround system off and on when I power the tv. No need to ever use the surround remote.

Reactions: NoVa and Mikeguy

· Registered
10 Posts
just to be clear, do hdmi splitters work TiVo bolt? I am trying to output the bolt signal to two different TV's. I have tried 2 different cheap splitters so far. what I get is a picture on each tv for 3 seconds, then it switches to tv snow and then back to a picture and so on. it is a powered splitter.

· Registered
10 Posts
SOWTECH 1X2 HDMI Splitter Version 1.4 Powered HDMI Splitter Dual Monitor HDMI Splitter for Full HD 1080P Support 3D (One Input To Two Outputs)
1 cable 6 feet, other @15 ft, tv resolution both 750p one Viseo, one Magnavox, no more than 4 years old

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.