TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
wait.. I did what?
14,907 Posts
Just happened to me again last night. So frustrating!
and if you don't have power saving on and have it fixed at 1080P does the issue go away?
That fixes about 90% of this complaint.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
Okay so I tried setting the Bolt to 1080P and will see how it goes. I thought I had set it to 1080P a while back but it was set to Auto resolution. After reading some more threads it seems the Bolt defaults back to Auto when rebooted.

Has anyone found a good Tivo replacement DVR yet? I have a feeling Tivo won't be around in a few more years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
OK.... 4 days later.... I am become frustrated. I have my tivo going to an amp then to the TV. The no hdmi out put being more and more annoying I tried tivo, xboxone, amp, TV. 4 days later.... no reason to restart anything.

·
wait.. I did what?
14,907 Posts
OK.... 4 days later.... I am become frustrated. I have my tivo going to an amp then to the TV. The no hdmi out put being more and more annoying I tried tivo, xboxone, amp, TV. 4 days later.... no reason to restart anything.
Have you tried the recommended troubleshooting step of forcing the Tivo to 1080P and turning off power saving?

ETA I see that you have had it work perfectly at 1080P and no power saving, what are you hoping to gain with it set to Auto?
There's almost no broadcast 4K, and the apps on the Tivo are far lower caliber than a $30 streaming stick, leaving the Tivo on 1080P and no Tivo standby should resolve the issue

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Well, today the problem happened again! This time the blue spinning circle appeared and the remote didn't seem to do anything then Tivo said the HDMI connection wasn't approved or something like that. over the last few days I've been seeing the blue spinning circle when trying to connect to my other TV to watch recorded shows from it. My network and wireless router is fine. This is totally a Tivo issue.

So I just tried rebooting my Bolt and for now things are working again. But this is really getting old.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Happened again last night. The commonality I can find between it happening with this particular error message is that the TV was shut off when watching Netflix. But when turning the TV back on and putting the input to my Tivo and getting that HDMI error thing, I tried changing the channels and all of a sudden it was working again.

Seems like Tivo can work problem free for years then all of sudden issues happen left and right. I really hope someone comes out with a replacement for Tivo and that it just works. I'd think there would be a ton of products on the market by now, because who watches TV anymore without the ability to pause, rewind or record shows?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
This issue just happened again tonight. Last night I shut off my TV while the input was on Netflix. When I turned it on it defaulted to the Tivo OTA signal but then went blank and said something about not being able to connect to the HDMI input. I tried changing channels, because sometimes that got it back, but it didn't this time. So, I switched the input to Netflix and then back to the Tivo and my Tivo OTA signal was working again. Looks like now I won't have to shut down the Tivo for a reboot when it happens, but it's still annoying and wish there was permanent solution.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts