TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· jonessdk
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an HR10-250 for about 2 yrs and just recently purchased a Toshiba 65HM167 65" DLP and tried to hook up the DVR with an HDMI cable. DVD player works great no output from DVR to TV thru HDMI cable, component cable works fine unless the HDMI is connected to the DVR. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

· TechKnow Guide
4,779 Posts
Welcome to Tivo Community. Looks like your HR10-250 suffers from the defective HDMI output that plagued some of the earlier units. Your easiest solution is to simply use the component video connection. There really very little image quality difference between component and HDMI. Or, you could replace the HDMI Output board, but that's not cheap.

· Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to a GREAT forum! I had the exact same problem with a new 42" Phillips plasma tv. Long story short, I found the best answer to be swapping out my H10 for an H20. Total cost, including installation of a 5LNB dish, $21.95. I didn't find a definitive answer to the problem, the "bad HDMI card" seems the most logical. However, if D* is willing to give away H20's,.....why pursue the problem? The only fly I found in the ointment was the 2 year lease requirement, but this does not bother me. Good luck.

· jonessdk
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sent HDMI card to a company in Indiana to be repaired on Friday, was contacted Tuesday card is ready. Going to use HDMI to network H10 and new receiver throughout house and have both available at all tv's. Will get H20 or whatever else is available later this summer when new channels become available.

· Registered
640 Posts
jonessdk said:
Sent HDMI card to a company in Indiana to be repaired on Friday, was contacted Tuesday card is ready. Going to use HDMI to network H10 and new receiver throughout house and have both available at all tv's. Will get H20 or whatever else is available later this summer when new channels become available.
How much did they charge you?

· Registered
10 Posts
JimSpence said:
Although DirecTV swapped out your H10 for an H20, most here would not take the swap of HR10 for an HR20. :)
I had my HR10 swapped out for a HR20 last Friday, (the 13th!), for the above stated reason. I was concerned about the D* software because of all of the negative comments of the HR20 on this and other forums. My personal experience has been very different. I have found the software on the HR20 to be different in some respects, but very easy to use and as responsive as the TIVO software. I have been using tivo's since they were invented....a very loyal user. Still, I am very pleased with the new unit. A short learning curve but not steep. I know that I am a voice in the wilderness, but for anyone concerned about losing your H10 for the H20 because of the new HD channels.....don't fret. Just get your recorded shows watched b/4 the installer comes around and all will be well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.