TiVo Community Forum banner

HDFury type device

2099 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Worf
I have just read about a device to help older devices communicate with HDMI. The HDFury connects in between the HDMI device and the older device. The only problem with it is it outputs to only component video or VGA. I would like to find a similar device that will do what the HDFury does, but will output to composite or s-video.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
There aren't many devices that have an HDMI output and lack a standard-def output (which is all that composite and s-video support).

The HDFury is to allow HDTVs without HDMI inputs still be able to receive high-def video, especially since some Blu-Ray players (new PS3s, for example) will refuse to output high-def over component.

If you want standard def, most devices already support it directly, so the market for that is very small.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.