TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know this is going to sound a little out of the box, but my cable company actually runs Dish Network to us through cable in our community. So I can get basic channels that they have deemed "basic" through the normal cable line with no box.

So my first question is can I use the Series 3 HD TIVO to pass through this digital signal? Is there still a cable input that can be used just for basic channels?

My second question is about the HD channels. I can receive HD channels through the normal cable when I search for channels on my HD TV. My cable company obviously doesn't want us to know this, but we can get the local HD channels that way. Well if I set up the HD TIVO is there a way to add channels and/or do a scan for digital channels like you can on the TV?

Thanks guys!

·
Astute User
11,392 Posts
You have what amounts to basic analog cable. The Series 3 will work with that, provided TiVo has a lineup for it.

You can scan for QAM channels, but they won't map to guide data without cablecards.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the full Series 3, but the new TiVo HD, for your situation, if not the Series 2 DT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.