TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Joined
·
161 Posts
...dear santa....
Yes, you were just here, but I need to ask you for one of these, please!
j
 

·
Seems Very Friendly
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Poor Megazone, he should have resized his pictures before uploading. His site is getting slammed.
 

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
"Don't be spiteful just because you don't have one.

Don't be spiteful just because you don't have one.

Don't be spiteful just because you don't have one.

Don't be spiteful just be-.....

IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE TIPPED OVER A TOASTER!!!.....

Ooops.

Sorry."
:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Color me green with envy.

Now for a firm release date and a price.
 

·
Hubcaps r in fashion
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
Any idea why it's lacking A/V inputs?

Will never be able to work with a separate satellite tuner, for example, or a standard cable box outputting thru RCA lines?

Also, the NTSC tuner...

What do you think? OTA only, or cable ready? (It does have a coax cable input.)
 

·
Now in Color!
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
Im liking the new User Inerface. Im also digging that front panel thing where it tells you what's recording. Nice touches. Oh and the remote! How cool did that look? They actually made the big circle (arrows) seperate buttons! Good for them!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
940 Posts
Should we speculate on pricing?

My guess is $799 after $200MIR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
HDTiVo said:
Now THAT's wishful thinking... the Rumor thread and the pictures thread said someone at the show heard it "slip" that price would be in the $500-$800 neighborhood.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
37,881 Posts
gastrof said:
Any idea why it's lacking A/V inputs?

Will never be able to work with a separate satellite tuner, for example, or a standard cable box outputting thru RCA lines?

Also, the NTSC tuner...

What do you think? OTA only, or cable ready? (It does have a coax cable input.)
Because you can buy that right now for $49.. why waste money redeveloping analog into an HD box..? Like people are going to pay a preimium over the $49 analog box for a high end HD TiVo and hook it up to their analog cable or analog sat tv?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Wow, I really really like it! I have been waiting for this for a long time. Can anyone tell I am pumped up?

ps: First Post!
 

·
I can't explain
Joined
·
25,527 Posts
Adam1115 said:
Because you can buy that right now for $49.. why waste money redeveloping analog into an HD box..? Like people are going to pay a preimium over the $49 analog box for a high end HD TiVo and hook it up to their analog cable or analog sat tv?
they might for analog cable for dual tuners and large drive with ability to add external drive. Plus no one has seen or put it through the paces of doing HME or TTG etc.. which may be much zippier.

as for sat. yes there I agree why worry about a composite input just for that - buy a series 2 and lobby the Sat company and FCC to get 3rd party access to the digital sat signal.
 

·
Funkadelic
Joined
·
4,705 Posts
JoeBarbs said:
Should we speculate on pricing?

My guess is $799 after $200MIR.
What's the current HD DTV model going for? Are the specs similar? I know we've got ethernet and SATA and a front panel display. Hmmm...

At $400, I'd buy two without a second thought. Anything more than that and I'd buy one.

Of course the choice will be much harder if the Comcast/TiVo unit comes out around the same time... if my choices are $600 upfront or $15/mo to rent from Comcast, I'd probably just rent and deal with whatever limitations there are versus the stand alone model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
davezatz said:
Of course the choice will be much harder if the Comcast/TiVo unit comes out around the same time... if my choices are $600 upfront or $15/mo to rent from Comcast, I'd probably just rent and deal with whatever limitations there are versus the stand alone model.
That's been part of the problem with SA boxes all along... and when you get up over $400 it's a harder sell. I can't speak to Comcast, but here in the tristate area they are constantly running promotions so you don't pay any leasing fees for the first year for the boxes, or if you get the primo package, you pay nothing additional for even their best box. People who don't know TiVo don't know what they're missing, so are less likely to shell out $300, let alone $500, $600, $800, which is the biggest part of the battle.
 

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
Joined
·
7,938 Posts
Awesome, now I can dump DTV when that comes out!
 
1 - 20 of 188 Posts
Top