TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a stupid question, but can someone let me know if they make, or if they plan on making anytime soon, a TiVo DVR that is capable of recording HDTV via my Cable TV signal (as opposed to Satellite)? Thanks!

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,023 Posts
Jotas said:
All in due time. Search or read this announcement.
Perhaps he doesn't have Comcast? I know this may be come as a huge surprise, but not everyone who has cable has Comcast. The OP may be talking about something non-proprietary, like the unit Pony is speaking of in my sig.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Any news out of CES from the Tivo folks? Given where DirecTV is going (R15 + HR20), I'm pretty interested in the HD DVR with Tivo from Comcast. If it's an improvement over the HR10-250 from DirecTV, I'm definitely going that way...

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm still waiting to see what features the comcast Tivo will have. I'm afraid you are going to find that dealing with comcast is much like dealing with DirecTV. It won't be hackable. It won't have 30 second skip. Comcast is going to be no more interested in supporting every feature Tivo has thought up than DirecTV was. They are bigger then DirecTV and far more uptight.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do we know if Tivo is planning on offering a standalone HD Tivo? I would hope that the unit to be able to have two cable cards plugged into it. Based upon the D* experience, i would not want to go with a Comcast Crippleware version of Tivo either. I want a real Tivo unit that I can do OTA or cablecards with. Seems to me that this is really not too much to ask for....

·
Oppo Beta Group
581 Posts
I just got my newsletter and there was no mention of an HD-TiVo in the CES 2006 news.

Not a good sign.

-- Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.