TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Memeber
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought the HD TIVO and have moved to Canton,MI. My current Terk 44 (Antenna attached to the dish) appears to not work as well as it did when I was in TX. I have adjusted it a couple of times, and each time I get acceptable signals on all the DT channels expect Fox Detroit, but the next day the signal drops on about 3/4 of the channels and will bounce from 10's to 70's causes a lot of drop outs.

Does anyone have a recommendation other than mounting a large roof antenna ? I have thought of trying the Channel Master stealth antenna, but am unsure on how to route the anntenna input into the line as the four output line from the LNB go to a 4X8 Multiswitch.

Anybody with experience in the Detroit Metro (Canton) area with antennas would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Memeber
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have l already looked at the antenna.org website.

For the diplexers my question is do I need to just diplex the antenna feed into one of the Sat lines and the mulitswitch will route that signal to all outputs ? At my HD TIVO I diplex it out from the one line to the SAT line and OTA line ?

I am still confused on how why when I adjusted the Terk I had good signal strength on the DT's but in the morning they were jumping around.

I have a fear that this coincides with the a software update that also happened overnight.

·
Memeber
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help from everyone. I think I will need to go with an attic antenna as
1. I don't want a large mast on the roof.

2. Although probably not legal the HMA says you can only have a dish at the rear of the house and no other antenna.

I like the way the square shooter looks, but again it would then have to be mounted to house with another cable running down the side of the house.

BTW, I tried the Zenith Silver Sensor this weekend. It actually worked pretty well except for the fact it requires re-aligning each time you want to look in a new channel. This of course will not work with HDTIVO.

Any recommendation on the best attic antenna, and a good installer in the Canton area?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.