TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
TiVo Junkie
417 Posts
Originally posted by smith13
Canton is south of Grand Rapids and at least 50 miles apart.
Actually, Canton's about 20 miles west of Detroit, and nowhere near Grand Rapids.

Mark - You may not need a large roof antenna, but your chances of getting consistent reception will be greatly increased if you replace that Terk POS with a good directional antenna, pointed toward the northeast. If you can avoid it, don't use diplexers - just route directly to the TiVo.

I'm in Royal Oak, fairly close to all the transmitters, yet I've had trouble getting consistent reception here. I mostly blame multipath, but I have noticed that weather can change reception, too. Rain and wind seem to multiply my multipath problems.

I've tried several antennas on different height masts, and I can tell you that changing antennas does make a difference. I've finally settled on the ChannelMaster 4221, which is slightly less directional than the yagi antenna I was using. For your location, I would expect either the 4221 or a UHF yagi to be satisfactory also. It's not very "large" ;)

See the "Official AVS Antenna Topic" at the top of the forum leesweet referred you to for more extensive advice

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.