TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Originally posted by mwinn
I am still confused on how why when I adjusted the Terk I had good signal strength on the DT's but in the morning they were jumping around.

I have a fear that this coincides with the a software update that also happened overnight.
I suspect that jumping values may be due to multipath interference. I had similar problems on a couple of OTA stations, but only when the wind was blowing, probably because there are some big trees between me and the nearby transmitter. Getting a more directional antenna and aiming it a bit off to the side of the correct direction (and the trees) seems to have helped.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Originally posted by mwinn
Thanks for the help from everyone. I think I will need to go with an attic antenna as
1. I don't want a large mast on the roof.

2. Although probably not legal the HMA says you can only have a dish at the rear of the house and no other antenna.

I like the way the square shooter looks, but again it would then have to be mounted to house with another cable running down the side of the house.

BTW, I tried the Zenith Silver Sensor this weekend. It actually worked pretty well except for the fact it requires re-aligning each time you want to look in a new channel. This of course will not work with HDTIVO.

Any recommendation on the best attic antenna, and a good installer in the Canton area?
The Square Shooter works pretty well, and it looks like a satellite dish, so I don't think anybody will give you any trouble over putting it on your roof. There are even ways for it to share a mount with your existing satellite dish. There is also a way to multiplex the signal onto the existing wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.