TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called D* and asked if the HD NFL games would be broadcast in mpeg2 or mpeg4. After being on hold for several minutes the rep came back and told me that D* has not made a decision but more than likely they would be mpeg4.

She then tryed to get me to upgrade to the hr20.

I called back and asked for a supervisor and he basically said the same thing, probably LIMITED HD in mpeg2.

Does anyone have actual confirmation if hr10-250 users that have the sunday ticket and superfan will get ALL available HD NFL games?

Thanks.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hoopsrgreat said:
The NFL ticket is a HUGE selling point for D*, and they know this. There is no way that they are going to piss off one of their most targeted groups of subscribers right before the start of football season. Foot ball season is so important to so many people that you just cant mess with it. Nothing will INFURIATE a huge number of people more than messing up things with the NFL Ticket.

So, do you think they would really put those nfl games in MPG4 only?

I seriously doubt it.
I hope you're right. My gut tells me at best only partial mpeg2 HD games this year though. That would really suck. I hope my gut is wrong........

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called again and got all the way to retention and asked if they would guarantee the HD games would be broadcast in mpeg2 and they said "no guarantee." The only way to guarantee I would get the HD games is to upgrade to the hr20. I'm starting to think there could be a problem for hr10 owners this year which would really bite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.