TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bone marrow lover!
12,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was scheduled to get my HD DVR and new dish and OTA installed this morning. Was told between 8am - 12pm. To my surprise the guy was here at 8am sharp. NICE!
Contracter who hardly speaks english which is expected I guess. :)

Anyway. He first doesn't think he has the DVR HD version with him. :(
He goes to his truck and does. But then realizes that he does not have the OTA in his truck but he should have some other guy drop one off soon.

Then I see him about to replace my current multi-Sat Dish with a multi-sat dish.
I tell him I was told that I would be upgraded to a 5 LNB dish. He doesn't have one of those and was not trained to install them anyway.

So now I am awaiting a phone call to have another tech come out to install a new dish and antenna. FUN! The last time I had these guys out here I had to get 4 different people to show up before it was all setup properly. This is insane...
I love waiting around to have them call me back and I am sure no one will be able to come out today. So a day off wasted so far. :(

Getting pissed..

·
Bone marrow lover!
12,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well. After a few more phone calls and Directv stating now that I am not eligible for the new 5 LNB dish since I am not currently getting any hardware that requires it I am hoping to get the 1st installer back out here. Great... :(

Going to be a long day....

·
Bone marrow lover!
12,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a multi-sat with only 2 lnbs on it. (never needed the third)
So he was going to replace the whole dish everything except the pole.

Not going to ask or get the h20 since I want the HD-DVR. So after like 20 phone calls the same guy from earlier will come back later today between 2-3pm I hear to set me up. Oh well. I just hope he realizes to bring an OTA this time.

The work order said 3 lnb dish, dh dvr, ota, 1 outlet, 5x8 multi-switch. I think that was all on it.

When he left he took my HD-DVR. :( So heres to hoping he shows back up around 2pm to do the job. :)

Directv is usually very nice when crap like this happens and offers credit and stuff. This time nothing! Granted my account is like 90% free credits already but still..

·
Bone marrow lover!
12,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am 13-14 miles away from all the towers. So I should be ok with any decent Antenna.
He forgot or didn't have an OTA this morning. So I have no idea what he will bring this afternoon.

·
Bone marrow lover!
12,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=284763

Got OTA setup (using diplexers) and everything looks good as of last night. (All locals and then some) All my channels were coming in solid picture wise. Didn't check signal strength.

Plan on running new lines anyway through some walls and when I do I will replace all the lines and remove the diplexer. Just need to find a good deal on RG6 cabling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts