TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am so confused, i got the HD dvr and there is no place for a dvd to record anything? I have an old one, the series 2 dvr and it has a dvd player in it, and i can record things TO dvd, yet the HD does not have that?

· Premium Member
39,408 Posts
daisygirl42577 said:
i am so confused, i got the HD dvr and there is no place for a dvd to record anything? I have an old one, the series 2 dvr and it has a dvd player in it, and i can record things TO dvd, yet the HD does not have that?
No, the HD doesn't record to dvd, neither does the TiVo Series 2. TiVo doesn't make a TiVo with a DVD recorder.

I think if you take a second look at your 'series 2', you'll find it is made by another company like Humax, Pioneer, Toshiba, etc. and runs the TiVo software...

· Registered
408 Posts
And I personally want to be able to choose my DVD recorder. Having one built in can have so many issues. It may be good for space if that's limited, but I guess I'm not a fan of pre-packaged systems, which is why I have a separate printer, fax service, and scanner. All in ones don't do it for me. :)

· Registered
2,642 Posts
lawilson2 said:
And I personally want to be able to choose my DVD recorder. Having one built in can have so many issues. It may be good for space if that's limited, but I guess I'm not a fan of pre-packaged systems, which is why I have a separate printer, fax service, and scanner. All in ones don't do it for me. :)
I had to laugh after reading this and looking down at my Toshiba Laptop, Logitech Mouse, Dynex Keyboard, Dell Monitor, Cruzer USB storage, APC UPS and HP Printer (with Kodak paper).

· Registered
6 Posts
lawilson2 said:
The thing I really like about my built in one is the way it comes with Tivo information - with an external one is it easy to transfer from a Tivo recording and label it, etc.? Seems a lot less simple.

Does any company still make one?

· Astute User
11,392 Posts
Nobody makes DVD combo TiVos anymore. You can get Humax units from Weaknees, or it or other units second hand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.