TiVo Community Forum banner
501 - 515 of 515 Posts

·
UHD Addict
24,275 Posts
House of the Dragon?................
I never watched Game of Thrones. So House of Dragon doesn't really interest me.

Although, I am looking forward to The Last of US on HBO Max. But I will re-subscribe when it comes on.

·
It's Just TV
27,142 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: aaronwt

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
No. God plz no.

I'd be OK with Verizon buying Discovery Warner, or Apple doing so, but please not Comcast.
Why do you say that? From a content standpoint NBCUniversal is no better or worse than anyone else. I don't think they'd run it to the ground the way Discovery seems to be doing. And it's pretty obvious to me that the whole reason Discovery bought TW is as a corporate raider. Buy it, reduce expenses and then sell it for a tidy profit. Comcast the cable company, yeah, that's a totally different ball of wax. They aren't good. But as a media company? Not sure I see the difference between what they are doing or Paramount or Disney or any of the others.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Comcast is poison. It's a scientifically proven fact that there has never been a happy Comcast customer.

Ever.
I get that is somewhat of a joke, but as far as their content goes, as I said, it's no better or worse than anything else these days. Concast the cable company, I agree. Comcast the media content company? Meh.

·
Brr. It's Chile here
3,481 Posts
Has anyone with an existing HBO Max account figured out how to access the new deal?
I did figure it out. The deal isn’t available to current customers. Fortunately, my annual subscription was set to renew on 9/18. I went into my account and canceled my subscription, which just meant that it wouldn’t automatically renew. Then, on 9/19 I was able to resubscribe and get the deal.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I did figure it out. The deal isn’t available to current customers. Fortunately, my annual subscription was set to renew on 9/18. I went into my account and canceled my subscription, which just meant that it wouldn’t automatically renew. Then, on 9/19 I was able to resubscribe and get the deal.
Awesome! I'm going to try that, too.

501 - 515 of 515 Posts