TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
King Button Pusher
27,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this for about a week now. I search on my name and the latest stuff that comes up is days old. Even when I've seen newer occurances. What's the deal? Is anybody else having this problem?

·
King Button Pusher
27,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It catches stuff but it also misses recent quotes and the like. Not sure why. I started noticing it a couple of weeks ago and it's just odd.

·
King Button Pusher
27,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it's still acting flaky. If you do a search on "retrodog" or "retrodog!!" then it still doesn't catch this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=266789

The first sentence of that thread has "Retrodog!!" and it just doesn't pop up. I've noticed this on numerous other occasions. It's little frustrating when people are talking to/about you or quoting you and it doesn't get a hit on the search.

·
King Button Pusher
27,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
David Bott said:
Sorry to say I can not do anything with it. It is what it is currently and I hope it will improve when we may move to the next version.
That's ok, I just wanted you to know that I wasn't crazy.

Well not crazy in that way anyhow. ;)

·
Not Entirely Current
39,836 Posts
I guess this is on the same subject (but pardon me if it's not appropriate here,) but when I go to do a search for threads started by a certain poster, the search takes FOREVER. Yesterday, it was even disabled, temporarily.

Any end to that coming soon? It's not really a HUGE issue, of course, but I was wondering and thought since this is here I'd ask.

·
The Question
11,636 Posts
I just noticed a problem with search as well.

I was in the TV Show Talk Forum and pressed the button to "Search this Forum".

I entered "without a trace" (I tried both with and without quotations, with and without capitalization) and pressed "Go".

A whole bunch of threads came up, yet the threads discussing the most recent episodes were not listed.

·
I'm your huckleberry
2,523 Posts
I am having trouble with keyword search this morning.

Was looking for a post, tried using keywords that should have been there to no avail.

So I tried several random words, with no qualifers, and still got the "no match" results, even using tivo the sole keyword.

Am I doing something wrong??

·
I'm your huckleberry
2,523 Posts
The problem came back up for me today.

I was looking for a thread discussing DVD media, that I believe I posted in. I searched upon my user name and keyword DVD. No matches. Then tried keyword drive, no matches. How uncommon should a word be before it can be used in search??

·
L: 37-35
13,164 Posts
Glad to see I was not the only one who was having trouble with the user name search - I do searches by my name to follow up on threads that I have posted too... Lately (And only recently) it has not caught all the threads... I mistakenly thought one had been deleted when it first happened...

·
Registered
New Custom Title
94,444 Posts
David Bott said:
The search index can not search on both the user name and a keyword at the same time I am sorry to say.
:confused:

I do this all the time and it seems to work fine.

I'll do keyword "massive," and user name "Fofer," (or whatever) and it finds the post I'm looking for.

Am I confusing this with something else?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.