Have you ordered the TiVo HD?

7K views 53 replies 42 participants last post by  lessadventurous 
#1 ·
When did you order?
Where did you order?
Has it shipped and on what carrier?
When do you expect to receive it?
Did you purchase a service contract?

I ordered mine 7/24/07 from Best Buy. I have received an email stating the order is complete and the order shows as complete on Best Buy's website. It is shipping UPS ground. I expect to receive the unit Friday. I have not bought a service contract but I may go into the store and buy one.

#6 ·
I have 2 S3s and thus 4 tuners already (plus 3 lifetime ReplayTVs & a PC HD tuner), so don't really need more tuners at this time. I may contemplate Tivo HD down the road (especially if/when MRV is released) but will let all the bugs be sorted out by others 1st and will be curious to see how picture quality compares to S3s. Then again if the S3 will be sold in the future again for around $400 (with or without rebate) I will gladly pay $100 more for it over Tivo HD just for the bigger internal drive plus the front panel.

#7 ·
Ordered the $500 refurb to be delivered tomorrow and due to yesterday's announcement, I ordered the HD Tivo and will return the other one. Good timing, though it could have been better. I have th $6.95 Multi-Tivo service discount for 3 years. I have an old S1 with Lifetime and a S2. The HD will replace the S1.

Gary Davis

#8 ·
Need a new category. I bought mined at a B&M today. I checked Circuit City's online in-store inventory and found out that my local store had at least 1 in stock. Went there at lunch. No units on the floor but I asked the salesman for help. He searched DVRs for Tivo and the HD showed up. At that exact moment, another associate came up to hand this guy some shelf tags. The HD tag was on the top of the stack. :)

I used a 40 off 199 coupon that I got when I changed addresses recently. They had difficulty getting that coupon to apply because of the HD's newness I guess. About 20 minutes later, I was out the door with a brand new HD unit. At the merchandise p/u window, I asked the guy how many units they had received. He said it looked like they had gotten 2 total (so 1 left folks) that morning.

FYI, this was the Brentwood CC in St. Louis.

#10 ·
Ordered mine through TiVo on the phone yesterday, 7/24 at 10AM EST. I tried ordering through the website, but they kept timing out during the credit card validation process. I called the sales line when they opened and they were extremely helpful. He took my info and called me back an hour later. Last night, I got my confirmation e-mail.

When I checked it late last night, however, it looked like it was predicting a shipping date of 8/14 (which is a little later than I expected, but c'est la vie).

#11 ·
Now that i am hearing TiVo is moving forward with MRV/TTG for S3 I am in the market. I think I wan the TiVo HD internals vs the S3 plus the TiVo HD price is right.

Now I am holding out for a lifetime transfer offer

#14 ·
jfh3 said:
Yes, bought one at Circuit City about an hour ago. Why order one when you can pick it up in person? :)
Yeah, I noticed that Circuit City has them in store in the Minneapolis area. If only the llocal Best Buy store had them (5 minutes away) in store I would have gone out to get it. Last night when I ordered no stores were showing stock.

#16 ·
I'm seriously considering it, but the HD is so small, 20 hours in HD programming is nothing for me to cap out quickly. If I read it right it currently won't recognize an external drive for added storage. If it did that I'd likely jump on it.

#19 ·
I'll order one to replace an S2 w/cablebox in my bedroom when the following conditions are met:

- MRV/TTG is activated on the Series 3/TiVo HD platform
- The MRV/TTG transfer restrictions make it worthwhile
- The original Series 3 I have supports M-Card
- My cable company (Patriot Media, recently bought by Comcast) supports M-Card

#21 ·
From TiVo.com, shipped 7/24, est. delivery on Monday (was hoping for Friday - I'm having friends over for poker Saturday night and was planning on demoing it).

#24 ·
Picked one up at CC tonight in Dublin OH. They had stock (the one in Polaris sold out quickly) and the one at Easton still had stock last I looked. I'm setting it up right now (sans cable cards - too late to call them tonight) as we speak.

#25 ·
Based on the info about CC from the post above, I cancelled my Tivo.c0m order and went and picked up my THD tonight from the Circuit City in Citrus Park, FL (Tampa).
Setting up now and will try and get a truck roll tomorrow for my cable card(s). I am hoping Verizon has M cards in my area!

#26 ·
Setup was easy. I'm scanning for channels on the antenna right now and it seems to be doing a decent job of picking stuff up with the antenna that came with my HDTV Wonder even in my Faraday cage of an apartment. The brief amount of HD OTA I saw looked good but I'll know more here in a few minutes when it gets done scanning for channels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.