TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every few weeks my TiVo presents me with a popup message, usually about something TiVo wants to sell me. (As the Viewer's Guide notes, "From time to time, you may receive messages from the TiVo service.") After I read the message I can choose to delete it. However, when I go to the TiVo menu that shows the "power" icon on the far right, I see a "messages" icon to the right of it. If I select that, the message that I thought I deleted is still there. Once I delete it there (again) it's really gone.

Has anyone else seen this? If so, do you agree with me that it shouldn't behave this way?

I tried complaining to a TiVo customer support rep about this, but as usual, they seemed fairly clueless.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
This isn't really email, then.

I will see the little envelope telling me I have a message in the main menu. I will select that and read, and then when I want to do anything else it will show the message again.

·
I get paid 2watch TV
6,114 Posts
Channel Lineup change messages delete with one delete command.
The ones where TiVo is trying to sell you something, I always have to delete twice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.