TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only lasted like a minute but it was a scary minute.

Lost all picture and any button i pushed on the remote just gave the boom sound. I was just about to unplug it when all of a sudden everything was back and working fine.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah mine has been rock solid too, except for this one small thing that only lasted a minute and that was days ago.

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with it downloading new channel updates. Knock wood i hope it was the first and last time for this glitch.

·
Dr_Diablo
885 Posts
A-1 said:
Yeah mine has been rock solid too, except for this one small thing that only lasted a minute and that was days ago.

I'm wondering if it had anything to do with it downloading new channel updates. Knock wood i hope it was the first and last time for this glitch.
Mine did as yours did, until I changed the batteries, simple solution in my case

·
Always Autocorrected
14,018 Posts
I had that happen once too. Just a black screen, no guide or tivo menu's would show and it did that sound when you hit any button. It too lasted about a minute and fixed it self before I pulled the plug, I was pretty close to doing so.

Mine has done that only once, and no other times. It's been pretty stable.

·
Registered
462 Posts
My S3 has been extremely stable except...

1) In early Feb of this year, it went through a week where everything it recorded had pixelation, even though the live broadcasts did not. I rebooted it and everything was fine.

2) In july, the hard drive failed. Got a brand new box @ Circuit City, in lieu of repair.

Other than that, it has operated problem free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.