TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure I was previously getting Dolby Digital on, at least, many of the HD channels. Now my surround sound system is not detecting DD5.1 at all just pro-logic.

Using optical connection.

Currently Film4 HD indicating only pro-logic, If I press info and go to sound, It shows 1. MPEG1, 2 Dolby Digital but making the change makes no difference.

Maybe a reboot would fix it but I have other recordings going on?

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BBC HD does it occasionally.
I was surprised and slightly disappointed that I could not get DD for the F1. As a test I just undeleted it and sure enough it is there, I just didn't know to reboot. I actually think it has been quite a few days since it broke.

After the reboot, I think all the HD channels are DD except ITV rather than just pro-logic before reboot.

· Registered
31 Posts
Wasn't aware that any channels on VM were in DD5.1. Don't suppose there's many. Just the Sky Movies channels, and Film4, I assume?
Along with the HD movie channels, HD versions of sky 1, sky living, E4, C4, Film 4, BBC 1, BBC HD, FX, Discovery and MTVN all broadcast DD 5.1 on certain proogrammes. I think I've seen 5.1 on channel 5 and Syfy but a while ago, so not sure on those.

· Registered
473 Posts
Along with the HD movie channels, HD versions of sky 1, sky living, E4, C4, Film 4, BBC 1, BBC HD, FX, Discovery and MTVN all broadcast DD 5.1 on certain proogrammes. I think I've seen 5.1 on channel 5 and Syfy but a while ago, so not sure on those.
Should the guide data indicate what is being broadcast in full 5.1 ?
Watched something from Film4HD last night and only got DD2.0 but not sure if that's what it should have been anyway.

· Registered
31 Posts
Should the guide data indicate what is being broadcast in full 5.1 ?
Watched something from Film4HD last night and only got DD2.0 but not sure if that's what it should have been anyway.
It would help if the guide said what the audio format is.

I can work it out from the display on my amp. If it is DD 2.0 the amp automatically applies 'Dolby PL11 Movie'. if it is in 5.1, the amp display shows 'Dolby digital'

· Registered
55 Posts
I recently noticed that ALL audio output on one of my XL's was PCM 2.0. I thought that was strange and played the game (NBC Sunday Night Football) back on another XL (via network connection) and it was indeed DD5.1! A reboot solved the problem, but I wondered what had caused it in the first place. I'm sure that it's some sort of software bug! I have an idea of what it might be, but haven't tested my theory yet. I had been watching huluplus the night before and noticed that the shows were only 2.0. I wondered if the TiVo had become "stuck" in that mode somehow while I was watching and never came out of it! I'll report back when (or if!) I ever get around to testing my theory!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.