TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm an original series 1 user but my box has been off for several months as we've moved out to do building work. I've also moved home and phone number since buying Tivo 13 years ago with a lifetime subscription.

I managed to get hold of someone in virgin who offered me the box for £149, free installation and £4 discount for the first 6 months. (You get free installation and bigger discount onine)

So my question: Is that the best offer loyal Tivo series 1 Users are being offered?

Thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
you can't get Tivo online yet?
The offer I got other than the £149 upfront and extra £3 a month matched the offer on the internet.
Discount would be the 6 month offer if signing up as a new customer. ?

·
Registered
524 Posts
No. Main product launch will be in April, apparently.
Yes, but I said you CAN'T select it online yet. The origonal post was refering to getting it cheaper online, well as it's not a option when ordering online at the moment I don't see how you can compare the prices.

·
uktivo.blogspot.com
217 Posts
Hi All,

I'm an original series 1 user but my box has been off for several months as we've moved out to do building work. I've also moved home and phone number since buying Tivo 13 years ago with a lifetime subscription.

I managed to get hold of someone in virgin who offered me the box for £149, free installation and £4 discount for the first 6 months. (You get free installation and bigger discount onine)

So my question: Is that the best offer loyal Tivo series 1 Users are being offered?

Thanks
they've been a bit naughty really and havn't offered S1 owners any extra discount over people who just signed up for info about TiVo on their site. If you're being offered the £4 discount, it's the cheapest I've heard of and quite frankly sounds like an error, so I'd snap their hand off if you really want the TiVo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well you can, but only if you we're picked by Virgin to have TiVo for free.
You have to goto a webpage just for you and enter a unique code to take up the deal.

TiVo is £3 ontop of XL TV for customers, so you may have £4 off XL TV but then pay the £3 for TiVo.
Or a £7 discount but you could then say that you're getting the TiVo service free.

·
Virgin Media Staff
115 Posts
Virgin Media have/are giving S1 owners a similar deal to their own loyal customers... It's not a box supplied by TiVo, it's a VM box with TiVo software.

It's a good deal. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Personally think S1 owners should get a better deal than others as the S1 service is only being discontinued because of Virgin now having the exclusive rights of the Tivo software.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Personally think S1 owners should get a better deal than others as the S1 service is only being discontinued because of Virgin now having the exclusive rights of the Tivo software.
There is no evidence of that being the case, that is just supposition. An equally valid supposition is that TiVo have been looking for a way to close down a loss making service and the Virgin deal gives them an opportunity to do so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.