TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
What happened, TiVo?
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just find it hard to believe that pixelation is caused by CC's. Intuitively, it seems they either work, or they don't. They're simply decrypting the video signal, right?

·
What happened, TiVo?
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
George Cifranci said:
I thought there was a software update for the Tivo HD's that came out on Aug 1st that fixed that issue?
That update was specific to SA cards in slot 2.

This, I think, is the same old problem that we had with the S3's early on, mostly with FIOS TV. The S3's got an update after a couple months that fixed it, but the TivoHD is still at the older software version.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
16,774 Posts
I'll let you know. I have a formerly perfect S3, that started severe pixelation early this summer. On 4-5 specific channels. I am going to do a cc swap on Monday. Will post results when I have some.

·
Hardcore TiVo Geek
3,302 Posts
AbMagFab said:
That update was specific to SA cards in slot 2.
TiVo never said that - it was not specific to that. The update on August 1st was a fix for some of the macroblocking issues in general. It clearly did not fix them all - I'm also still seeing macroblocking. I do have Scientific Atlanta S-Cards, but I'm not seeing it on just Slot 2.

·
Seeker
4,963 Posts
megazone said:
TiVo never said that - it was not specific to that. The update on August 1st was a fix for some of the macroblocking issues in general. It clearly did not fix them all - I'm also still seeing macroblocking. I do have Scientific Atlanta S-Cards, but I'm not seeing it on just Slot 2.
This is correct. I have Motorola cable cards and I'm still having the same issues everyone else is having. This is definately not specific to SA cable cards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts