TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi.
I am having some problems. Apologies but Im a bit of technophobe so "noddy" language replies would be much appreciated.
I have a standard unmodified basic TiVo. At the moment all I am getting is a blue screen. I can still watch previously recorded stuff so I hope that means the hard drive is ok. Nothing new is being recorded and the link between the TiVo and the cable box is the source of the problem I think. I tried taking out the SCART lead and turning it round. I rang TiVo and they took me through a Guided Restart which failed. I am able to get my (analogue) cable on non-AV channels and I can change channels on the cable box manually. Initially, the TiVo handset was still changing channels even though it was a blue screen but after the guided set-up that stopped working as well.
Thanks for any suggestions.
I should mention that the TiVo people suggested that the RF (whatever that means) signal might not be being received by TiVO. Any ideas?
KOD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi AMc
Thanks very much for the reply. Perhaps I should have started a new thread as you suggest but I wasnt sure about the newbie rule either. Apologies for my delayed reply - Ive been out all afternoon.

I do indeed get cable if I press Aux. I am convinced that there is nothing wrong with the cable which does sadly suggest the issue is with the TiVo. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I can send it to. I found a company called "Pacelink" online but they are based in Co Fermanagh and I am in Camberwell, London. Or does anyone have any other ideas. What is this "emergency reboot code 58" I read about on another thread? Might that help me?

All help gratefully received. Thanks.

KoD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear blindlemon
Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting that I should try the kickstart options or are there other things I can try before I send it to Pacelink? Can I diagnose whether it is a software or m.b problem?
Many thanks. KoD

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried kickstart 57 and the screen went blank and I got a "green screen of death" message saying that I should leave the TiVo connected for 24 hours and not touch it.

What should I do next?

KoD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi blindlemon.

Indeed as you said, it fixed itself in short order.

I have now tried kickstart 58 and 52 as well and none of them have worked.

Does that mean I need a new drive? And if so, can I get one with bigger memory thus hopefully killing two birds with one stone? And can I salvage any of the stuff on the original drive?

Thanks for all your help so far.

KoD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.