TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Geek
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two S2 240 Tivos. One has been upgraded to a 200 Gb hard disk, the other has its original 80 GB hard disk. The new Lifetime transfer offer only applies to the older, upgraded S2, unfortunately. The other one is also lifetime, but too new to qualify. So, my question is: Can I swap the hard disks on these two TiVos without major pain? I'd love to upgrade to the new dual tuner model, but don't want to lose my big hard disk with all it has stored on it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
CRussel said:
I have two S2 240 Tivos. One has been upgraded to a 200 Gb hard disk, the other has its original 80 GB hard disk. The new Lifetime transfer offer only applies to the older, upgraded S2, unfortunately. The other one is also lifetime, but too new to qualify. So, my question is: Can I swap the hard disks on these two TiVos without major pain? I'd love to upgrade to the new dual tuner model, but don't want to lose my big hard disk with all it has stored on it.

Thanks.
TiVo Lifetime transfer only on older Series2, Did I miss something?

You could move the 200G drive to the other TiVo, However you cannot play the recordings You have to do a Clear And Delete Everything to match the drive to the TiVo. The only ways I know of would be transfer the programs to a PC with TiVoDesktop or get another Hard drive and use Multi Room Viewing to transfer programs to the new drive.

·
Geek
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Only Product Lifetime Service subscriptions activated before June 15, 2003 are eligible." Which really means S1's or S2's that started life as transfers from S1's, I suspect. But in any case, my smaller TiVo is a 2004 activation, so I'm stuck on it.

Yes, I would expect to have to dump off to TiVo Desktop, do a clear and delete everything, and then transfer the drive. But since we have some time to re-activate, I don't think that should be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.