TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started having problems when I am transferring foreign shows with hard coded subtitles to Tivo using pytivo. I can see the subtitles on my PC on Track 1 but after I transfer to my Tivo, there are no subtitles. I have tried turning CC on, both analog and digital on all tracks but cannot get the subtitles to appear.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I uploaded the MP4 file to Onedrive, played it there and the subtitles were gone. So this has nothing to do with pytivo. I assume that the transferred file has the subtitles on track 1 but neither tivo nor Onedrive can access the track. VLC does it fine.

·
Super Moderator
59,951 Posts
Subtitles and captions are not the same thing. All you can do there is recode the video and burn the subtitles into the video. I'd recommend using HandBrake, it's easy to use for this. You could also use the "additional ffmpeg commands" section in pyTivo, but I'm not familiar enough with the CLI in ffmpeg to know exactly which commands you'd need so you'd have to google that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.