TiVo Community Forum banner
741 - 753 of 753 Posts

· Registered
From beautiful Springfield Oregon
71 Posts
I may have figured out the problem. I'm on Comcast. There are two channel options for HM (718 and 1458) and HM M&M 719 andn 1459.
Everything I watch in HD is a three digit channel.
I just went into Channel Options and removed the four digit HM channels and have setup some recordings on the three digit channels. Fingers crossed.
Oh and both options list the same programs at the same time.

· Registered
25,633 Posts
I can't find a Deck the Hallmark podcast thread.. is there one? anyway, I suspect people in this thread have listened to that podcast.. I have had a bunch of the Hallmark movies recorded (some for YEARS), but finally went through and sort of watched (sometimes halfway paying attention, sometimes "watching" at 1.9x), so I could then listen to the Deck the Hallmark show for that particular movie. (Yes, I admit I'm not getting "the full experience" out of the movie, but I DO get more than just listening to the summary in the podcast episode.. and despite liking happy ending movies, I think I'm starting to agree with the "hate hallmark christmas movies" guy more and more..)

ANYWAY.. my actual question is -- does anybody know why Pando left the show? I presume he is/was just too busy?
I have been listening to episodes scattershot (when I watch the movie, then I listen to that episode).. but also tried searching around through the episode descriptions and didn't find any more info. (I did listen to his last ep though)

· Registered
From beautiful Springfield Oregon
71 Posts
I may have figured out the problem. I'm on Comcast. There are two channel options for HM (718 and 1458) and HM M&M 719 and 1459.
Everything I watch in HD is a three digit channel.
I just went into Channel Options and removed the four digit HM channels and have setup some recordings on the three digit channels. Fingers crossed.
Oh and both options list the same programs at the same time.
Well, that was the problem. Using the 7xx channels worked.

· betativowho??
3,696 Posts
I recently signed up for the Hallmark streaming service (Hallmark Movies Now) and have been enjoying it. I do notice that it doesn't necessarily have the same movies as I see advertised for the Hallmark Channel, but that's not a huge deal at all. There is a ton to watch!

Friday will be my cheeseboard/wine/Christmas movies/putting up the tree day, and I expect Hallmark will be my main source for movies.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,414 Posts
Watching Hanukkah on Rye. About 20 minutes in and it's cute BUT even with all of the Jewish names in the credits, enough research into Judaism wasn't done. The male lead gets a call from his Jewish grandmother. The caller ID on his phone says "Bubby," This is NOT the yiddish word for grandmother and I don't think she should really appreciate being called a bubby. It is Bubbe. A bubby is something else entirely. LOL

· Registered
25,633 Posts
I guess they're not doing the (almost) commercial free showings this year? At one point, the listings did list a bunch of ~1.5 hour showings on 12/25 (IIRC), but they don't anymore (except once in a while the rare time when you select a recording and it SAYS 1.5 hours, but it's clearly in an e.g. 8-10 time slot.. that's somehow a bug of the UI though, since I've seen e.g. 2 hour recordings say the show lasts 24 hours).

Not a huge deal, I guess I'll probably pick a few more that I know have Deck the Hallmark episodes, and (eventually) semi-watch them before listening to the podcast episode.

741 - 753 of 753 Posts