TiVo Community Forum banner
721 - 735 of 735 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Should be 3 new Christmas premieres in July too. First one on July 9th.

Hopefully they're better than most of the movies they've put out the last few months. IMO there have only been a couple of good ones the last few months during the 2nd quarter.

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
Should be 3 new Christmas premieres in July too. First one on July 9th.

Hopefully they're better than most of the movies they've put out the last few months. IMO there have only been a couple of good ones the last few months during the 2nd quarter.
I wonder if part of the reasoning for that was the flight of so many of their former stars over to their competition at GAC ?

Reactions: osu1991

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
Could be. I wish GAC worked a deal with YouTube tv

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
Could be. I wish GAC worked a deal with YouTube tv
You could potentially add Frndly TV in the interim. (That's what I've had to do since Verizon FiOS isn't currently carrying GAC Family and also doesn't have Decades in my area.)

It's not terribly spendy and gets you a fair amount of content access for the cost.

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
We did that last holiday season. But I really hated the appletv app interface. But yeah we will likely at least do that come October

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about GAC until October. They haven’t had any new movies since the 2 early in the year. Just reruns of classic tv and the occasional movie rerun. I assume they’re building up some inventory for the holidays and next year as it looked like most of the exclusive actors signed 2 movies a year deals.

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about GAC until October. They haven’t had any new movies since the 2 early in the year. Just reruns of classic tv and the occasional movie rerun. I assume they’re building up some inventory for the holidays and next year as it looked like most of the exclusive actors signed 2 movies a year deals.
GAC Family has a couple of Christmas in July films upcoming from what I could find when looking earlier. Though I suppose they may be repeats from this past Christmas (but then again they were shown as 2022, not 2021 films)

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
If I miss one or two Xmas in July on GAC that’s fine as I care most about the total schedule come the holidays.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
GAC Family has a couple of Christmas in July films upcoming from what I could find when looking earlier. Though I suppose they may be repeats from this past Christmas (but then again they were shown as 2022, not 2021 films)

I think they’re repeats from last year, but haven’t looked at the guide for next week to actually check. I did have their promo for the July 4th marathons show up in my YouTube subscriptions.

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
If I kiss one or two Xmas in July on GAC that’s fine as I care most about the total schedule come the holidays.
I did the pre-pay for a year as well. It wasn't that bad (total cost) and included the DVR service and all that. Per month pricing wasn't bad enough to irritate, let's put it that way.

On the other hand, I will say that Verizon FiOS continues to irritate at not having GAC Family available. The guide data still lists for it, but the channel is not there and hasn't been re-added. I know why they got rid of it originally, but the situation has definitely changed and it really would be nice to have the channel there now.

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
That’s what I’m saying too. The monthly for 4 months or so is fine for the volume of content holiday season. But it sure would be nice to have it on YTTV, but not if the cost for YTTV were to go up

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
I just rewatched a favorite old Hallmark movie from 2013, Second Chances, with Alison Sweeney and Greg Vaughan. It lives on my TiVo and I have watched it a million times. I am continually baffled by the fact that Maxwell Caulfield (husband of Juliet Mills, star of Grease 2) appears in the credits, supposedly playing a character named Henry. I cannot find him anywhere in this movie (I know what he looks like older, I am not looking for the young guy in Grease 2 so it is not my brain playing tricks). I don't hear anyone call anyone else Henry. I would think if his scenes were cut, he probably wouldn't be in the credits. Has anyone seen this and spotted him?
Mystery finally solved just now after all these years!!!!! Apparently, all the times I have seen this movie (and I watch it alot since i love it) it was shown with some missing scenes. I just watched it on UPTV, where is was shown as Hearts on Fire and not Second Chances, and there is Maxwell Caulfield! For anyone who cares, he plays the old partner of Jeff's father. In this scene, he explains to Jeff how the fire went down that killed Jeff's father.

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
FYI, we decided to prepay for a year again to catch Xmas in July stuff on GAC and there seems to be a problem with frndly and recording GAC movies at the moment. You can say “record” but it won’t go into the scheduled queue. They say it is a known issue and they expect to have it fixed in 24-72 hours. Supposedly a data issue….

721 - 735 of 735 Posts