TiVo Community Forum banner
701 - 720 of 735 Posts

·
Grumpy Poster
56,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #702 ·
I have the HD channel for GAC Family on my Xfinity X1 DVR, but not on my TiVo. So I’ll have to watch these new movies in bed or on my desktop or tablet via Xfinity Stream. Not a huge hardship.

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
I have the HD channel for GAC Family on my Xfinity X1 DVR, but not on my TiVo. So I'll have to watch these new movies in bed or on my desktop or tablet via Xfinity Stream. Not a huge hardship.
I only have the TiVo in my living room. While there is a TV in my bedroom, it (and the Comcast digital tuning adapter in there) has not been plugged in since I moved here years ago. I just don't watch TV in my bedroom. I will have to stream it to my computer then cast it to my Chromecast. As I have said, it is annoying since I will have to watch live and can't record.

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
Verizon FiOS doesn't carry GAC Family. :(
That continues to irritate me, though at least for now I can use Frndly to get around that issue.

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
Overlapping the info for anyone that might be trying to catch the right thing on GAC Family tonight:

Frndly TV is showing the wrong guide data / movie name for the movie that would be airing on GAC Family for the evening of 10/28/2021.

GAC Family shows their schedule here:
Schedule - GAC Family
In the prime time slot:
Love on the Rise

Frndly TV was showing the following movie:
Autumn Stables
From 2018 in their guide data for the prime time slot.

I reported it to them (Frndly TV) so they can get it fixed.

Reactions: hummingbird_206

·
Retired
14,853 Posts
Frndly also has the wrong data on GAC for Sat Nov 6 (I think). The Great Christmas Switch is supposed to be on, but the Frndly guide shows Going RV I didn't think much about it since I'm used to TiVo having the wrong data a few days out and it gets updated.

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
Frndly also has the wrong data on GAC for Sat Nov 6 (I think). The Great Christmas Switch is supposed to be on, but the Frndly guide shows Going RV I didn't think much about it since I'm used to TiVo having the wrong data a few days out and it gets updated.
If you go through their troubleshooting links, you can report the issue. Hopefully resolved soon.

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
I only have the TiVo in my living room. While there is a TV in my bedroom, it (and the Comcast digital tuning adapter in there) has not been plugged in since I moved here years ago. I just don't watch TV in my bedroom. I will have to stream it to my computer then cast it to my Chromecast. As I have said, it is annoying since I will have to watch live and can't record.
PMs incoming….

·
Registered
362 Posts
YouTube TV now has all three Hallmark channels

I logged onto YTTV tonight to find the Hallmark channel, Hallmark Drama channel, and Hallmark Movie and Mysteries channel all available.

I just spent a few minutes to flag a bunch of movies to be recorded, so that they'll be available for 9 months.

Oddly enough, I had cancelled Frndly late last week, mostly because their app was inconvenient and clunky to use.

I was hoping YTTV would add the channels as an add-on option, so this is even better. They did add the Hallmark Movies Now late last year (?) for $6.99. Which as just sad, as HMN typically has a very limited offering of older movies.

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
YouTube TV now has all three Hallmark channels

I logged onto YTTV tonight to find the Hallmark channel, Hallmark Drama channel, and Hallmark Movie and Mysteries channel all available.

I just spent a few minutes to flag a bunch of movies to be recorded, so that they'll be available for 9 months.

Oddly enough, I had cancelled Frndly late last week, mostly because their app was inconvenient and clunky to use.

I was hoping YTTV would add the channels as an add-on option, so this is even better. They did add the Hallmark Movies Now late last year (?) for $6.99. Which as just sad, as HMN typically has a very limited offering of older movies.
We had paid annual in July for Frndly. I cancelled so it won't renew but we will still use it until then for GAC content. But gladly moving all of our Hallmark watching to YTTV….the frndly app leaves a little to be desired

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
My TiVo guide is doing something very odd. Channel 385 is Hallmark in HD. I wanted to be sure it was going to record A Kiss Before Christmas on 11/21 at 8PM. It is not in my To Do List so I went to the guide to see why. There is an entire chunk of time missing on both the HD channel and the SD channel. It goes from the 6PM movie on Sun 11/21 to the 8PM movie on 11/22. I have never seen it do this before. There is also a chunk of (different) time missing on channel 468 which is the HMM HD channel and its corresponding SD channel. I am sure it will all fix itself by next weekend but it is just weird.

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
My TiVo guide is doing something very odd. Channel 385 is Hallmark in HD. I wanted to be sure it was going to record A Kiss Before Christmas on 11/21 at 8PM. It is not in my To Do List so I went to the guide to see why. There is an entire chunk of time missing on both the HD channel and the SD channel. It goes from the 6PM movie on Sun 11/21 to the 8PM movie on 11/22. I have never seen it do this before. There is also a chunk of (different) time missing on channel 468 which is the HMM HD channel and its corresponding SD channel. I am sure it will all fix itself by next weekend but it is just weird.
And it is back! So strange.

·
Retired
14,853 Posts
Watched Gingerbread Miracle and really liked it. I love Merritt Patterson (have since I first saw her on The Royals) so that helps. Don't remember seeing Jon-Michael Ecker in anything before, but liked him as well. I'm also liking the increased diversity in the Xmas movies this season, not just in the cast but also in the stories.

701 - 720 of 735 Posts