TiVo Community Forum banner
681 - 700 of 735 Posts

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
Yup. Between hallmarks countdown to Christmas, H M&M’s miracles of Christmas, lifetimes it’s a wonderful lifetime, and gac family’s schedule there are 88 movies between tonight and Xmas. Oh boy

·
Go Pats!
9,606 Posts
Yeah….we did annual to save a few dollars. We will watch all the other seasonal movies too.

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
OK, the Hallmark Channel is now officially driving me insane. I am used to the ads that pop up in the bottom right of the screen. I am even used to ones that go across the entire bottom of the screen. What is getting to me this year is that they have audio!!!! Sounds like tinkles and it is making me crazy!!!

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
It's very annoying that I seem to have this channel in SD but not HD with Xfinity, unless it is on another channel I am not finding. The HD channel should be 1620 but it says it is not authorized. I tried to add it on my Chromecast but it gives me some error about YouTube.

The error says, "To watch YouTube TV on this device, you'll need to sign up with a subscription first. If you have a subscription already, you'll just need to check that it uses the same email as your primary Assistant account." This is strange since GAC Family has nothing to do with YouTube according to a Google search.

Hmmm...I guess Google is wrong. I found GAC Family in the YouTube app. So strange!!
This didn't work out the way I thought it would. I can't get the GAC Family movie from tonight through my Chromecast at all, not through YouTube or anywhere else. I guess I will have to watch it in the SD version on my TiVo. :(

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
This didn't work out the way I thought it would. I can't get the GAC Family movie from tonight through my Chromecast at all, not through YouTube or anywhere else. I guess I will have to watch it in the SD version on my TiVo. :(
Their YouTube channel is just a general preview channel with what is coming type promos. You will need a subscription from cable/satellite or a streaming tv service like Philo or Friendly to watch the actual programming.

·
No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place
3,290 Posts
OK, the Hallmark Channel is now officially driving me insane. I am used to the ads that pop up in the bottom right of the screen. I am even used to ones that go across the entire bottom of the screen. What is getting to me this year is that they have audio!!!! Sounds like tinkles and it is making me crazy!!!

The Disney Channel has done this before. It is very distracting!

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
I know this is the wrong thread but since I started the discussion here....

Does anyone know whether it is normal to have a channel in SD but not have access to the HD version with Xfinity?
I just spent alot of time with Xfinity support. They claim that channel 1620 is an IP channel and TiVo doesn't get IP channels, which is why I get the SD version and not the HD version. He showed me other channels that are IP and my TiVo doesn't get those either. He claims it is totally on TiVo's side. :(

·
Retired
14,853 Posts
I just spent alot of time with Xfinity support. They claim that channel 1620 is an IP channel and TiVo doesn't get IP channels, which is why I get the SD version and not the HD version. He showed me other channels that are IP and my TiVo doesn't get those either. He claims it is totally on TiVo's side. :(
I have no idea if it would work, but I'd try rerunning the guided setup on the TiVo. Make sure you enter the correct Xfinity. My old home had multiple options for my zip code and there were different channels associated with each (digital rebuild, etc.)

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
I found a thread here from last year with this same issue. IP Channels

Apparently, there is really no solution to this unless I get a Comcast X1 box. I found in that thread that I can go to the Comcast website and cast GAC Family HD to my Chromecast and it works while the movie is actually on. No recording and watching later, I guess. :(

·
It's Just TV
27,122 Posts
I just read that Danica McKellar has officially jumped ship to GAC Family. She signed an exclusive multi-year deal to only do romcoms and Christmas movies on the new network.
Interesting. Thanks for passing that along.

·
Finally an Avatar!
5,665 Posts
I was just reading further. In addition to Danica Mckellar, they already have Lori Loughlin, Cameron Matheson, Susie Abromeit, Nick Bateman, Trevor Donovan, Rukiya Bernard, Cindy Busby, Sara Canning, Dillon Casey, Torrance Coombs, Trevor Donovan, Brendan Fehr, Jennie Garth, Maggie Lawson, Jen Lilly, Sarah Lind, Daniel Lissing, Jessica Lowndes, Matthew MacCaull, Chad Michael Murray, Sam Page, Merritt Patterson, Christopher Russell, Becca Tobin, Jill Wagner and Dewshane Williams.

There are some of my favorites on that list. I wonder how many others will move to the new network?

681 - 700 of 735 Posts