TiVo Community Forum banner
621 - 640 of 753 Posts

· wait.. I did what?
15,520 Posts
So where in the Gay Agenda was "Taking over the Hallmark Channel"? Was that section 17, subsection 4.2?
Actually it's in the addendum, so no wonder the poster wasn't familiar with that section of the Agenda, it's addendum 5, part 756 (each channel has its own agenda entry)

· Grumpy Poster
42,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
I *think* there was a Hallmark movie with Jessy Schram and Chad Michael Murray where they were interviewing people about love, and there was a gay couple who rescued dogs who were interviewed. But the relationship was implied.

· Registered
1,932 Posts
I *think* there was a Hallmark movie with Jessy Schram and Chad Michael Murray where they were interviewing people about love, and there was a gay couple who rescued dogs who were interviewed. But the relationship was implied.
Road to Christmas. If I remember correctly, I think the implied gay couple was his brother and partner that rescued dogs.

· Registered
1,591 Posts
Road to Christmas. If I remember correctly, I think the implied gay couple was his brother and partner that rescued dogs.
Yep. In that one, I think there was a strong gay vibe, but they stopped short of PDAs and labeled the relationship "partner" as opposed to "boyfriend" or "husband." I've heard interviews with people on the show, and it sounds like officially no one will confirm or deny.

I think there was another movie recently - "Love Under the Olive Tree" (Tori Anderson, Benjamin Hollingsworth) - that had secondary characters that it seemed very easy to read as gay, but not explicitly stated.

It feels like Hallmark has been testing the waters.
What's kind of funny to me though is: Waaay back in 2012, "Bride For Christmas" had an openly lesbian character(lead's sister) but now Hallmark feels more scared/cautious.

· Grumpy Poster
42,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
This Saturday (Aug. 15), Hallmark Channel will air "Wedding Every Weekend," about a man and a woman who are invited separately to the same weddings and eventually fall in love. The teasers for the movie clearly show that one of those weddings will be with two lesbians. The earliest version just had a long shot of the happy couple at the altar, but the current version has both the long shot and a close-up.

· Go Pats!
8,700 Posts
That was a good one.

I am just stoked that the app has updated with all the new premieres. Looks like 40+ mew movies starting this weekend with some Fall Harvest and then before you know it right into the countdown to Christmas. Not sure I'm ready

· Registered
362 Posts
I wasn't a fan of last night's Love at Look Lodge. It was good to see a mixed race leading couple, but I didn't care for either of the leads.

I liked Jonathan Keltz in Once Upon a Prince, but I was so used to his accent from that movie that it just seemed so fake in this movie. My problem, not his.

I don't recall seeing Clark Backo in anything else. Her "lankiness" kind of put me off.

And something just seemed off about the bartender character, played by Evert Houston.

· Finally an Avatar!
5,413 Posts
I wasn't a fan of last night's Love at Look Lodge. It was good to see a mixed race leading couple, but I didn't care for either of the leads.

I liked Jonathan Keltz in Once Upon a Prince, but I was so used to his accent from that movie that it just seemed so fake in this movie. My problem, not his.

I don't recall seeing Clark Backo in anything else. Her "lankiness" kind of put me off.

And something just seemed off about the bartender character, played by Evert Houston.
I agree with all of that.

· Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Agreed. And there was no real chemistry or even anything noticeable written into the script that showed them as being even remotely romantically interested in each other. It was more of a buddy vibe, and all of a sudden they're kissing at the end? Just meh all around.

· Go Pats!
8,700 Posts
Kind of bummed there will be no Goodwitch Halloween movie this year

· Finally an Avatar!
5,413 Posts
I didn't love Jingle Bell Bride. Christmas Tree Lane was supposed to be an original story written by Alicia Witt. It was good but the story didn't seem very original to me. I don't love Andrew Walker either.

I am really looking forward to some of the other movies this year, especially Timeless Christmas and USS Christmas (LOVE Ryan Paevey and Trevor Donovan!!!)

621 - 640 of 753 Posts